MPS pledges continuous checks after return of illegal foreign traders


MPS enforcement officers seizing assets of unlicensed traders during the operation on Jan 8.

Selayang Municipal Council (MPS) has reaffirmed its commitment to continuous surveillance of business activities following public outcry over the swift return of illegal foreign traders just one week after a major enforcement operation.

In a statement, MPS said the Jan 8 operation, which resulted in 49 compound notices issued along with asset seizures at three locations, was not only carried out in Jalan Besar Selayang Baru.

Simultaneous operations were conducted at Jalan Melati 1, the Federal Agricultural Marketing Authority (Fama) stalls and the area under the flyover.

In an earlier report, it was mentioned that a video uploaded by netizen “Abe O Abe,” allegedly showed a foreign trader operating a poultry stall near the Fama permanent farmers’ market after the raid.

Other netizens also claimed to have seen a lookout warning traders before the council’s enforcement officers arrived.

In response, a statement from the Enforcement Department said a visit to the location in the video found that the tent in question had been removed.

“To maintain public order, MPS will continue to carry out enforcement and monitoring of stalls or tents at the same location for compliance checks, including verification of valid business permits.”

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Metro News

Punctured pride, prompt patrols
Seven SS15 Subang Jaya eateries reopen after mandatory clean-up
Social enterprise nurtures special children’s talents
New university to boost state sports
Entrepreneur groups call for closer cooperation with Federal Government
MPAJ targets tax evaders
Timeless art of rendang Minang
Calls for mobility plan to fix dangerous roads for cyclists, pedestrians
Drawing strength from art�
Sassy seniors sizzle and strut for Penang charity

Others Also Read