Condo residents want original plan of land use fulfilled


Izharul: Residents paid a premium price to buy their apartments after taking into account the availability of the shoplots.

RESIDENTS of a condominium in Kuala Lumpur are objecting to a proposed construction of serviced apartments next to their building as it deviates from the original plan when they bought their units.

They were shocked to find that in August last year, the developer had applied to Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) to change the development plans for phase four of the Residensi Vyne project, from two-block shoplots to a 300-unit serviced apartment project, without their knowledge.

The Joint Management Body (JMB) sent a letter to DBKL and Federal Territories Ministry in October last year objecting to the development.

JMB chairman Izharul Hafiz Hasnawi, 46, said residents paid a premium price to buy their apartments after taking into account the availability of the commercial lots nearby.

“We are disappointed as we have been promised something else, which are low-density, three-storey shoplots, at the time of our purchase.

“Building more serviced apartments will increase the population density in the area. It would be going against what was advertised when we purchased the units,” he said.

Izharul said in November last year, the ministry instructed DBKL to respond to the objection letter they sent.

“I also resent the letter to DBKL via its online portal in February this year but have not received any feedback to date,” he said.

The Residensi Vyne project is on a 4.85ha of land. Its three phases of 800 luxury condominium units was supposed to take up 4.04ha of land.

Phase one and two of the residential units are completed, while phase three — consisting of one block of 25-storey units — is still under construction.

The shoplots, which fall under phase four, were supposed to make up the rest of the development project.

Since discovering the latest plan, the residents launched a petition against the changes.

Resident Cheam Yee Siew, 48, said the two-lane access road to the condominium was reduced to one by motorists double parking.

“Building more serviced apartments here will worsen traffic.

“What is more worrying is that these parked vehicles affect the access of ambulance, fire engines and police vehicles during any emergency.

“There is already another serviced apartments project being built in the vicinity with 137 units,” said Cheam, adding that numerous complaints about the illegal parking had been channelled to DBKL but the problem still persisted.

StarMetro reached out to the developer for comments but there was no reply.

Bukit Bintang MP Fong Kui Lun sent a letter dated May 21 to DBKL urging Kuala Lumpur mayor Datuk Seri Mahadi Che Ngah to call for a dialogue between the three parties.

DBKL acknowledged the issue when contacted by StarMetro but did not comment at press time.

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 46
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
Join our Telegram channel to get our Evening Alerts and breaking news highlights

developer , sungai besi , residensi vyne

   

Next In Metro News

‘Brainstorm ways to help homeless’
Signs of desperate times as elderly queue for food aid
Sibu council to speed up completion of projects
Concerns raised for village located close to EMCO area
Worried over rise in positive cases
Yong Peng folk happy to be vaccinated
Association working with state govt to help Johor fishermen
Ten new ventilators for medical centre’s ICU
Associations target 10,000 families for food aid
Aidiladha rites in Putrajaya complies with SOP

Stories You'll Enjoy


Vouchers