Over 480 disinfection operations carried out in Terengganu


  • Metro News
  • Thursday, 21 May 2020

Md Hilman said the operations were carried out in areas with a high risk of infection, such as markets, supermarkets and government offices. - Bernama

KUALA TERENGGANU: The Terengganu Fire and Rescue Department has conducted 486 sanitisation operations at public places to prevent the spread of Covid-19 in the state since March 30.

Its director Md Hilman Abd Rashid said of the 486 operations, Kemaman district recorded the highest involving 130 locations, followed by Kuala Terengganu (116), Setiu (78), Dungun (72), Marang (38), Besut (30 ), Hulu Terengganu (12) and Kuala Nerus (10).

“The operations were carried out in areas with a high risk of infection, such as markets, supermarkets, government offices and vehicles for use to transport students from public and private institutions of higher learning to and from Terengganu.

“We have also started the sanitisation process at selected mosques which will be allowed to conduct Friday prayers to ensure the safety of the congregation,” he said.

On another matter, Md Hilman said the department received 256 distress calls, including over fire and for rescue operations since May 1, a slight drop from 355 calls during the corresponding period last year. — Bernama

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
   

Did you find this article insightful?

Yes
No

100% readers found this article insightful

Across the site