MBSP: Submit applications to start construction works


THOSE in the construction sector who wish to continue with their works on Penang mainland must apply through the Principal Submitting Person (PSP).

Seberang Prai City Council (MBSP) mayor Datuk Rozali Mohamud said the application, which was open last Friday, must be submitted to either the council’s building director or engineering director.

“Developers in this sector will be subjected to strict standard operating procedures (SOP).

“In the manufacturing sector, strict SOPs apply as well as we enter the normalisation phase,” he said during a live press conference via Facebook on Friday.

Rozali said all sectors would be allowed to operate beginning Wednesday tomorrow but with strict SOPs in place.

“MBSP is also drafting a ‘New Normal’ guidelines for those carrying out daily tasks.

“Besides, we will open up 134 cyber counters.

“A total of 49 of them will handle bill payments while another 85 are meant for other services,” he said.

Rozali said as the conditional movement control order (MCO) was still being enforced, only 30% of MBSP staff returned to work in office, with the other 70% of staff working from home.

“We are preparing the job schedule, SOPs and Key Performance Index for those working from home to ensure quality services,” he said.

On the RM76mil ‘Penang People’s Aid Package Aid Package 2.02.0’, Rozali said 1,153 hawkers operating at food complexes or from their own premises would each receive a RM500 one-off payment.

He said another 2,993 hawkers with tagging would also each receive the RM500 one-off payment.

“Hawkers who are eligible may apply online once we release details on the website,” he added.

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 46
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
Join our Telegram channel to get our Evening Alerts and breaking news highlights
   

Next In Metro News

Penang extends unlimited free shuttle bus service into 2022
Swayed by aromatic brew
Tribute to eminent Kapitan China
Taman Ibu Kota residents want DBKL to fix collapsed drain
Idle, reserve land to be farmed to address food security
All set for ‘polluter pays’ principle
Give incentives to young farmers, says Malim Nawar youth assembly rep
Tebrau MP lauds move to waive licence renewal, rent for SMEs
Irda marks 19.7% reduction in greenhouse gas emission
Flagged for blocking road users’ view

Others Also Read


Vouchers