Nasi lemak seller Rohana Safiee had been planning to wait for a few days before making a decision over opening her stall.
“I wanted to scout the area to see if others were trading before deciding whether to resume business,” she said over the weekend.
The 45-year-old has been operating at the morning market in Bukit Tinggi 2, Klang, since 2003.
“When I eventually reopen, I will practise social distancing as best I can,” she said.
Rohana plans to create a one-way in and out system at her stall as previously, customers would come from all directions, which made it hard to control.
“I plan to put up a barricade and also markers around my stall so my customers will know where to stand.
“I will also place another table to separate my stall from customers so there will be a distance between us.
“The food for sale will be on the table for customers to pick it up themselves.
“As for payment, I might use a basket for customers to put the money in so there would be minimal contact,” she said.
Rojak and cendol seller P. Ananthan had earlier planned to resume his food truck business on May 4.
“I need the money as I have bills to pay. I had planned to take extra precautions,” he said. But then came the subsequent announcement from the state government.
The 52-year-old, who had been selling rojak for the past 14 years at Bukit Tinggi, Klang, said he would get his staff to work on alternate days once business resumed.
Since the MCO, Ananthan had been selling rojak at a nearby shop which was only available for takeaway.
He does not plan to provide tables and chairs for customers at his food truck for the foreseeable future.
“I hope once I reopen the food truck for business, customers will cooperate and practise social distancing,” he said.