KUALA LUMPUR: An operation has been launched by the Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) to ensure that people comply with the movement control order (MCO) by the government that will be in force until the end of the month.
The Federal Territories Ministry in a statement on Friday (March 20) said two operation centres had been activated for the purpose of the operation called "Ops Pantau PKP C-19".
"These operation centres were headed by department heads of DBKL and are manned by 2,000 personnel who work on rotating turns," it said.
StarMetro reported on March 20 that one of these centres was located at DBKL Enforcement Department on Jalan Tun Razak, and that it also tracked the number of infections in Kuala Lumpur.
The other operation centre was located at Seri Alam people's housing project (PPR) in Pudu.
The statement said that DBKL had received 904 phone inquiries from the public since the activation of the operation centres.
"Among the inquiries were about closure of business premises, hawker management, assessment fee payment and housing issues.
"DBKL also issued 362 notices and two verbal reminders to construction sites which were still found operating," the statement said.
"However, there is no complaint on Covid-19 yet," it added.
Did you find this article insightful?
33% readers found this article insightful