MMC Gamuda has announced the following traffic management plans to facilitate MRT works:
• A full night closure of a 500-metre stretch of Persiaran Dagang in both directions, starting from the Jalan Angsana SD2/2a traffic light junction, from midnight to 6am between Aug 29 and Sep 29. Traffic will be diverted to Persiaran Angsana instead to get to the other side.
• Continuation of an intermittent full night closure of an 80-metre stretch of Jalan Jinjang Utama in the Kuala Lumpur-bound direction connecting to Jalan Kepong. This is between 10pm and 5am from Aug 30 to Nov 16. Traffic will be diverted onto a contraflow lane to get around the closure.
• Continuation of road realignment for a 100-metre stretch of Jalan Kepong in Pekan Lama Kepong, in the Sungai Buloh-bound direction only, for 24 hours between Aug 30 and Feb 22, 2019. Two lanes will still be available to traffic.
• Continuation of an intermittent full night closure of stretches of Jalan Kepong in the Jinjang-bound direction near Aeon Jusco Kepong. The closure takes effect between 10pm and 5am from Aug 30 to Nov 30. Motorists are advised to pay attention to the safety signage in order to get around the closure via detours.
• Continuation of night closure of several stretches of the leftmost lanes of Jalan Kepong in both directions passing through Jinjang Utara, as well as around Kepong and Metro Prima. This is between 10pm and 6am from Aug 30 to Nov 30.
• Continuation of an emergency lane closure of a one-kilometre stretch of the sliproad from the New Pantai Expressway (NPE) exiting to the KL-Seremban Highway in the KL-bound direction. This will happen intermittently throughout the day from Aug 30 to Sept 21.
For details, visit www.mymrt.com.my or call the MRT Hotline at 1-800-82-6868.
PARKING FINE DISCOUNT
From today until Sept 30, DBKL will be offering special rates for road users to settle their traffic compounds. These are limited to parking offences and not applicable to blacklisted offences or cases that have been recorded in court. The special rates for motorcycles, light vehicles (cars, vans and small lorries) and heavy vehicles (large lorries, buses and trailers) are RM20, RM30 and RM50 respectively. Payment can be made at DBKL counters and payment kiosks, post offices, online portals like www.myeg.com and e-bayar, or through the DBKL Mobis mobile application.
NATIONAL DAY CARNIVAL
A nostalgic trip awaits in Sunway City at the #JomMalaysia carnival on Aug 31 and Sept 1 in conjunction with National Day from 10am to 10pm in front of Sunway Resort Hotel and Spa. Visitors can enjoy cultural performances, listen to talented young vocalists and musicians, indulge in Malaysian cuisine, play traditional games and shop in Heritage Lane. Admission is free. For details, visit www.sunway.city/jommalaysia
KLANG ACS REUNION
The Klang ACS Old Boys Association will be having its 57th annual reunion dinner tonight at 7.30pm at Hao Xiang Chi Seafood Restaurant, Level 9, Top Glove Tower, No 16, Persiaran Setia Dagang, Setia Alam, Klang. For details, call 019-324 5733.
GRAND HAPPINESS PUJA
The FBC Chi Bei Xue Hui Buddhist Society is organising a Grand Happiness Puja event tomorrow at the Setia City Convention Centre, Setia Alam. His Eminence Passang Rinpoche will be there to officially launch the event, as well as to share his wisdom and teachings. The event is open to all non-Muslims who wish to draw closer to Dharma teachings. Registration is from 12pm to 2pm and the event runs until 6.30pm. For details, call 016-328 3778 (Ms Wong) or 012-283 8838 (Angie).
Dika College, a specialist in early childhood education, will hold its second reunion from noon to 4pm on Sept 16 at MTree Hotel, Puchong Jaya. This year’s theme is Move Star. The event is open to current and ex-students. College chairman Tan Sri Dr Abdul Rahman Arshad will be present. For details, call 012-614 3948 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We're sorry, this article is unavailable at the moment. If you wish to read this article, kindly contact our Customer Service team at 1-300-88-7827. Thank you for your patience - we're bringing you a new and improved experience soon!