“The public can still utilise the park for their activities," Jabarilah said.
“It’s not true that we have stopped taking bookings.
"The park was only temporarily closed for road works," Jabarilah explained.
“That’s good news," said TTDI Residents Association vice-chairman Clinton Ang.
Residents had been worried about new developments coming up in TRK and had a filed a judicial review application with the High Court to quash a development order granted by Kuala Lumpur City Hall earlier last year.
“The park is very popular especially during weekends. Events like Children’s sports programmes, bird watching group and community runs are held here," Ang said.
He explained that rumours about DBKL no longer taking bookings had been circulating and worrying people.
He added that a DBKL staff at the park told residents that bookings had been closed.
Residents became jumpy because on March 19, a notice board was put up along Jalan Mohd Fuad, where the original entrance of the park is located, to inform the public that the entrance was to be relocated.
Works on the new route to the park, which connects Jalan Tun Mohd Fuad and Changkat Abang Haji Openg to the park’s guard-house, started that same month.
The alternative route was completed in April.
For now, the existing route at Jalan Tun Mohd Fuad is still open.
Residents were relieved that all work stopped after the new route was completed.
The suit they filed is to protest a proposed housing development featuring eight blocks of between 42- and 54-storey, high-end serviced apartments.
The development also includes a 29-storey block comprising 350 affordable housing units for the relocation of TTDI longhouse folk.
Did you find this article insightful?