There will be several lane closures along several roads in the Klang Valley to facilitate MRT construction works:
• Intermittent lane closures along Batu Complex Business Centre, Jalan Ipoh, to continue until Dec 31 from 9pm to 6am.
• Left-lane closure near Kampung Malaysia Raya at Sungai Besi Highway (southbound) before exit to Terminal Bersepadu Selatan to continue until June 12 from 9.30am to 4.30pm, and 10pm to 5am, intermittently.
• There is a 120m closure on the left-most lane along Jalan Putra Permai (Puchong-bound), until Aug 9.
• Lane closure at Jalan Putra Permai (Puchong and Serdang-bound) to continue until Aug 10.
• Medium-term night lane closures in stages in Jalan Sultan Azlan Shah between 10pm and 5am, until July 9. For details, www.mymrt.com.my
GOLF INJURY TALK
Subang Jaya Medical Centre is holding a public health talk on ‘Golf Right, Good Life’, at Templer Park Country Club, KM21, Jalan Rawang, Selangor, this Saturday, from 2pm to 5pm. A free health screening and informative talks on common golf injuries by representatives from SJMC will be held. First 50 signups will receive early-bird goodies. For details, call 03-6091 9111 or visit www.ramsaysimedarby.com/hospitals/sjmc
NEW PJ BUS ROUTES
Petaling Jaya City Council (MBPJ) is offering two new routes under the free PJ City Bus service. They will be available for a three-month trial from today until Aug 15, 6am to 9pm daily, on a 15- to 20-minute frequency. Both routes start and end at the bus hub at Central Park Avenue, Bandar Utama. The PJ05 route includes Persiaran Bandar Utama, Lebuh Bandar Utama, Jalan SS 2/55, Jalan SS 2/24 and Taman Bahagia LRT Station. The PJ06 route covers Flora Damansara, Empire City, Persiaran Perdana, Jalan Kuala Selangor and Jalan PJU 10/1. For details, visit www.facebook.com/petalingjayacitycouncil
A blood donation campaign will be held in conjunction with Wesak Day on May 29 at Subang Jaya Buddhist Association, Lot 12593, SS13 off Jalan Kewajipan, Subang Jaya. The campaign will take place from 8.30am to 3pm for the University Malaya Medical Centre. For details, call 03-5634 8181 or 012-377 5261 (Lily).
FREE HEALTH CHECKS
The National Diabetes Institute (Nadi) is offering free blood test and counselling for the first 100 people this month, subject to certain conditions from Monday to Friday (except public holidays), from 8.30am to 5pm. For details, call Diabetes Resource Centre at 03-3319 4100/ 4200/ 4300 or email email@example.com
Subang Jaya Municipal Council is organising a free video competition titled ‘Recycling Starts at Home’ until May 31. It is open to all residents within the municipality, who are above 12 years old. Entry is free with cash prizes totalling RM3,250. For details, call 03-8026 4362/3180 or visit www.mpsj.gov.my.