University to hold open day in major cities and towns


Swinburne Sarawak

KUCHING: Swinburne University of Technology will hold open day events in major cities and towns nationwide, offering parents and students a chance to learn more about the Australian university’s courses and student life at its Kuching campus and transfer options to Melbourne.

The open day will kick off in Johor at Prime City Hotel, Kluang, on Jan 6 and Grand Paragon hotel, Johor Baru, on Jan 7.

It will move to Weil Hotel in Ipoh on Jan 12, followed by Ixora Hotel in Seberang Prai on Jan 13 and G Hotel Gurney in Penang on Jan 14. The last stop in peninsular Malaysia will be Grand Riverview Hotel in Kota Baru on Jan 19.

All open day events in the peninsula will take place from noon to 6pm.

Meanwhile, Sandakan will host the open day on Feb 3 at Livingston Hotel, followed by Kota Kinabalu at Hyatt Regency on Feb 4.

In Sarawak, it will be held at Tanahmas Hotel in Sibu on Mar 11, Pullman Miri Waterfront in Miri on Mar 18 and the Swinburne Sarawak campus in Kuching on Mar 17 and 24.

The Sabah and Sarawak open day events will be held from 10am to 5pm.

Highlights of the Swinburne open day include free application on the spot, counselling by academic staff for courses in engineering, science, business, design, computing, language and communications, as well as advice on scholarships and financial assistance.

Students are advised to bring along their identification card and SPM forecast results (for Malaysians) or passport (for international students), original certified copies of academic transcripts with grading system and English language proficiency test results for application purposes.

Classes for the 2018 intake will start on Feb 26 for postgraduate courses and Apr 9 for foundation and intensive English courses.

Swinburne’s Sarawak campus here offers the same globally-recognised Australian degrees awarded by Swinburne University of Technology’s home campus in Melbourne. All units taught are the same as at the Melbourne campus, so students experience the same teaching and learning at only a fraction of the cost of studying abroad.

The cost of living in Kuching is comparatively lower than other major cities or towns in Malaysia.

The campus is located close to the airport, with modern amenities such as shopping malls, food and beverage outlets, recreational parks, hospitals, places of worship and commercial areas nearby.

Swinburne Sarawak currently has some 4,000 students from over 50 countries. Flexible transfer options are available for degree students interested in gaining experience abroad, such as transferring to the Melbourne campus or spending a semester or two studying abroad via the international student exchange programme.

Swinburne’s professionally accredited courses and close industry links have resulted in a high employment rate for engineering and business graduates from the Sarawak campus.

The overall graduate employability rate is 93%, while most of the remaining 7% of graduates surveyed either continued their studies or set out to launch a start-up.

Times Higher Education (THE) ranked Swinburne in the top 100 under 50 universities in 2017, 61st in THE Young University Rankings and 60th in THE Asia-Pacific University Rankings in 2017.

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
   

Next In Metro News

KLIA Transit TravelCards to be phased out and replaced with MyKad from May 1
Honouring the Sikh people
Bringing the world to your doorstep
Chance to try out rock climbing
New Tamil library and ICT centre to benefit community
Extensions an unwelcome addition
Residents of flats in Jalan Kelang Lama live in fear of landslides
Floods at flyover pose safety hazard
Temple in Sunway set to expand following gazettement
DBKL urged to expedite residents’ relocation to PPR Seri Aman

Stories You'll Enjoy


Vouchers