Fuel up with fried chicken and burgers too


  • Community
  • Friday, 25 Nov 2016

Marrybrowns mascot, Chipmunk, joins (from left) Liew, Shairan and Sumathi behind the counter at the new Marrybrown branch.

THE Marrybrown chain of restaurants has arrived in Puchong with a new branch set up at Puchong Permai.

It is also the restaurant’s first to be set up at a Shell petrol station, bringing with it signature dishes such as fried chicken, burgers, rice, curry noodles and seafood.

“We look forward to continue working with Shell to expand more branches at petrol stations,” said Marrybrown Sdn Bhd franchising and field services manager Kairul Azman.

He said the chain has also identified two other petrol stations in which Marrybrown will next establish a restaurant.

“One of them will be in Rawang and the other in Wangsa Maju, and it will be ready sometime early next year.

“Besides the central region, we will also be focusing our efforts on other new locations in the east coast as well as Sabah and Sarawak,” added Kairul.

A staff serving crispy fried chicken and fries at the grand opening of Marrybrown at Shell Puchong Permai.
A staff serving crispy fried chicken and fries at the grand opening of Marrybrown at Shell Puchong Permai.

Marrybrown has established 22 branches as of November.

“Every year we target to open 25 to 30 new locations and we will be working toward this target for 2017 as well,” shared Kairul.

There are a total of 152 Marrybrown branches in Malaysia currently with 80% franchised outlets while the remaining 20% are corporate owned.

Marrybrown has presence in 16 countries and a total of 450 branches worldwide.

To celebrate the opening, Marrybrown donated the outlet’s earnings from the first three hours of operations to the children of Sekolah Pendidikan Khas, which amounted to RM3,050.

In conjunction with the celebration, the branch is also offering its crispy chicken at 10sen each with purchase of any meal, applicable for the first 300 customers on Nov 19, Nov 26 and Dec 3.

Also present at the event were franchise owner Maahas Group (M) Sdn Bhd directors Kamala Arunasalam and Khrishnasamy M. Uthandy, Shell Malaysia Trading Sdn Bhd managing director Shairan Huzani Husain, Marrybrown Sdn Bhd chief executive officer Datuk Joshua Liew, and Maahas Group directors Sumathi Palani and Shujahtha MP Rajoo

(From third left) Kamala, Khrishnasamy, Shairan, Liew, Sumathi and Shujahtha cutting the ribbon to mark the official opening of Marrybrown at Shell Puchong Permai, Puchong. — Photos: P. NATHAN/The Star
(From third left) Kamala, Khrishnasamy, Shairan, Liew, Sumathi and Shujahtha cutting the ribbon to mark the official opening of Marrybrown at Shell Puchong Permai, Puchong. — Photos: P. NATHAN/The Star
Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
   

Across The Star Online