Stop work order for building in Petaling Jaya


The site along Persiaran Barat where parts of the building collapsed on Sunday leaving six workers trapped under the rubble - Filepic

PETALING Jaya Mayor Mohd Azizi Mohd Zain said the council will be issuing a partial stop-work order for a building under-construction which collapsed yesterday morning at Persiaran Barat.

“Enforcement officers from our Buildings Department have also conducted a site visit to the construction site yesterday.

“We are issuing a stop-work order, but it is only for the collapsed portion” Azizi clarified after meeting with the Buildings enforcement people on Monday morning.

A spokesperson for the developer of the building, thanked both the Fire and Rescue Services Department and Special Malaysia Disaster Assistance and Rescue Team (Smart) for their efforts to quickly bring out the six workers injured in the incident.

At the same time, the spokesperson also confirmed that all appropriate safety procedures had been executed properly at the project site.

“The management and a team of experts are currently investigating the cause of the accident, and will be reviewing all follow-up measures to prevent similar ones from recurring,” the spokesperson said.

It was also mentioned that the developer would be cooperating with the Department of Occupational Safety and Health (Dosh) in the investigation.

The fourth floor of the building had collapsed early on Sunday morning, resulting in six foreign workers trapped under the rubble.

The last victim was rescued at around 2.50pm, and the entire operation had involved 25 personnel from the Damansara and Petaling Jaya stations.
Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
   

Stories You'll Enjoy


Vouchers