Dengue danger on the rise


  • Community
  • Saturday, 21 Feb 2015

THE number of dengue cases for this year in Penang as of Feb 14 has tripled compared to the same period last year.

State Agriculture, Agro-based Industry, Rural Development and Health Committee chairman Dr Afif Bahardin said there was an increase in 614 dengue cases to 908 compared to last year’s 294.

He added that two deaths had already been reported this year.

He reminded people to continue to take preventive measures.

“There are eight uncontrolled outbreak localities — Desa Green and Jalan Hj Hashim Imam in the northeast district, Lavinia Apartment in the southwest district, Solok Tenggiri, Lorong Tuna flats and Taman Budiman in central Seberang Prai, Taman Molek in north Seberang Prai and Jalan Batas Ban in south Seberang Prai.

“Other danger areas are Taman Free School and Mewah Court in the northeast district and Pearl View Chai Leng, Lengkok Inderawasih, Lorong Kota Permai and Perkampungan Machang Bubok in central Seberang Prai,” he said in a press statement on Tuesday.

Dr Afif also said there were currently 25 outbreak localities under control.

“These are the Phase 2 police quarters, Greenlane Heights Apartment, Jalan Khaw Sim Bee, Jalan Logan, Lengkok Dumbar, Lintang Macallum, Solok Besi, Solok Dunlop, Sri Saujana Apartments, Taman Pinang, Lebuh Rambai, Taman Sri Sari, Fettes Park, UDA flats in the northeast district and Lintang Bukit Kecil and Taman Sri Acres in the southwest district.

“In Seberang Prai, the areas are Taman Kimsar, Taman Bukit Kecil, Permatang Tinggi, Taman Permata, Taman Selamat and Taman Machang Bubok (central), Taman Limbungan Kapal (north) and Taman Sri Aman and Perkampungan Valdor (south).”

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
   

Across the site