Milo launches ‘Reimagine Badminton’ contest


  • Community
  • Friday, 16 Jan 2015

New creation: The app has a user-friendly interface for participants to easily and freely create the game and court that they like. It can be played on mobile or desktop devices.

BADMINTON, one of Malaysia’s favourite sports, is about to get an interesting twist, thanks to Milo.

The beverage brand’s “Reimagine Badminton” contest challenges consumers to redefine the game with any design or rule imaginable.

The participant with the best concept will win the grand prize of RM5,000 and 10 cartons of Milo cans, and will see his or her winning idea come to life.

“In sport, change is evolutionary to test the limits of players.

“Since Milo is all about fun and sports, the contest seeks to introduce new and positive challenges that everyone can enjoy,” said Nestle Products Sdn Bhd Liquid Drinks Malaysia business executive manager Jasmmine Wong.

Wong noted that the contest was the third phase of the Milo Cans Next Games campaign.

Interesting move: Nestle Malaysia head of shopper and consumer engagement Lester Kahn (left) and Nestle Malaysia communications director Khoo Kar Khoon having a go at a badminton game of their own rules as Wong (second from left) and radio announcer and emcee Ryan (second from right) cheer them on.
Interesting move: Nestle Malaysia head of shopper and consumer engagement Lester Kahn (left) and Nestle Malaysia communications director Khoo Kar Khoon having a go at a badminton game of their own rules as Wong (second from left) and radio announcer and emcee Ryan (second from right) cheer them on.

“We started out with the ‘3-sided Futsal’ and ‘Twisted Football’, bringing interesting dimensions to these popular games.

“Now we want to do the same with badminton, shaking things up by letting consumers take charge with how they want their game to be played,” explained Wong, who added that the possibilities are endless.

To enter, participants are required to log on to the app through www.milo.com.my/nextgames or on Facebook through mobile or desktop devices to register and create their court.

Participants can submit as many creations as they please.

They can choose from the type of court, net and texture they want and include more special elements that can be unlocked by keying in a code found in the bottom of the 240ml Milo cans.

The drinks come in Mocha, Hi-Cal and original flavours.

Every week for six weeks from Jan 19 to March 15, Milo will select 10 winners and they will each receive a limited-edition Milo can mobile fridge and two cartons of Milo cans.

All weekly winners will automatically become finalists, where their entries will be posted on the app for the public to view and vote from March 16 to 29.

Public votes make up 40% of their scores whereas Milo’s panel of judges will decide the remaining 60% based on creativity and originality.

While there is only one grand prize winner, the top 10 finalists will receive RM800 cash as well as five cartons of Milo cans.

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3

Sport , Central Region , Milo , Badminton , creativity , sports , contest

   

Across The Star Online