WATER is an essential human need but it is not available to all.
Typically, economically poor communities suffer from thirst, poor health, sanitation and social deprivation.
Easy access to clean and safe water creates stepping stones for a joyful future as children are able to attend school regularly. It also creates healthy communities and enables micro-enterprises.
In an effort to build a future for these economically poor communities, BROS and World Vision Malaysia are collaborating on the Give Water Project by BROS with a special limited-edition water bottle series expected to raise RM100,000 for World Vision Malaysia’s water projects in Laos and Cambodia.
Five local and international celebrities, who are also World Vision Malaysia’s ambassadors, have also joined hands in supporting the project by providing personal and inspiring quotes for these specially designed bottles.
The celebrities and their inspiring quotes:
1. Aniu - singer/director/actor: “Spread a little love and happiness. It makes the world go round”.
2. Nicholas Teo - singer/actor: “Everyone has the right to dream and the courage to hope under the same sky”.
3. Owen Yap - TV personality: “For every will there is a way. It may be a long way but hope will keep you company”.
4. Lee Sinje - artist: “Live in the moment”
5. Francissca Peter - World Vision Malaysia ambassador/singer/songwriter: “The glass should never be full ‘cos there would be no room to make things better. It’s good to top it up a little everyday; fulfil your dreams and be a source of hope for others”.
“We are saddened by the fact that globally more than 1,600 children under five die every day from diarrhoea caused by unsafe water.
As a result, we decided to make a difference with the ‘Give Water Project by BROS’ to help thirsty communities gain access to clean water.”BROS Living Wing Sdn Bhd business development director Terence Lee Soon Teck said.
“We are honoured to collaborate with World Vision Malaysia and its ambassadors in this project. They have shared their inspiring words of wisdom which have been crafted onto the BROS limited-edition water bottle,” he added.
“World Vision Malaysia is pleased to partner with BROS on the project which provides a channel for Malaysians to contribute to communities in need of clean water and sanitation access in Laos and Cambodia.
“World Vision has a sustainable development model for clean water which gives communities ownership of the clean water source,” said World Vision Malaysia chief executive officer Liew Tong Ngan.
To kick-start the project, BROS has donated to World Vision Malaysia 5,000 pieces of the “Give Water Project by BROS” celebrity-endorsed limited-edition water bottles in support of the water projects in Laos and Cambodia.
The public can support this initiative by purchasing the limited edition water bottles. The prices range from RM19.90 to RM28.90.
The project is also part of the BROS 10th anniversary celebrations.