It first began in 2013 as a platform to debut novelties from Switzerland’s prestigious Baselworld fair. Today, Time Kulture celebrates the adventurous spirit of contemporary watchmaking.
The fourth edition of the showcase will take place at Pavilion Kuala Lumpur starting tomorrow until July 16.
Participating brands include Bell & Ross, Graham, Longines, Maurice Lacroix, Oris, Tag Heuer, Tissot and Tudor.
“Swiss Watch Gallery created Time Kulture to celebrate the new wave in watchmaking design and engineering,” states Valiram’s executive director, Ashvin Valiram.
“It is a truly immersive showcase in which we partner outstanding watchmaking names who dare to put the fun into functional yet avant-garde timepiece designs that appeal to young watch enthusiasts.”
With the theme “Revolution”, this year’s Time Kulture aims to draw in the new urbanites, who are looking to curate their life with the latest horological masterpieces. The ambience is also described as raw, fresh and edgy.
Guests can expect an immersive setting with each booth wrapped in concrete, steel and neon lights.
The visual and experiential elements take cue from contemporary urban fashion, architecture, music and visual arts.
“It is a call to the new revolutionaries – young entrepreneurs who are trying to go beyond convention with creativity and innovation, those who are or aspire to be game-changers the way our eight watch partners are,” explains Ashvin.
Revolution By Time Kulture is presented by Swiss Watch Gallery in partnership with BMW Malaysia, Heineken, Maybank and Nespresso.
The showcase will travel to Penang in October and Johor Baru in November.
• Performance by “Friend of Swiss Watch Gallery” hip-hop artiste Joe Flizzow at opening ceremony on July 6.
• “What’s Your Watch Personality?” quiz at timekulture2017.com. Take the quiz to find the timepiece that best reflects you and stand the chance to win 1 of 5 daily prizes, or be in the running to with a RM5,000 Swiss Watch Gallery cash voucher.
• Petrol-heads can get up close and personal with the new BMW 4 Series on display.
• Shoe lovers will love the specially curated display of shoes by Giuseppe Zanotti.
• Take a break at the Nespresso sampling bar, available for the duration of Time Kulture.
• The three top spenders at Graham during Time Kulture will be rewarded with an Air Adventure – a one-hour flight over Kuala Lumpur. It includes a luxury car pick-up/drop-off and lunch/dinner.
• Enjoy virtual reality fun at the Tag Heuer booth.
• Explore Tudor’s new Black Bay Chrono and its new partnership with David Beckham and the All Blacks via the new #BorntoDare campaign.
• Try the mini race car challenge at Oris. Purchase an Oris timepiece and stand a chance to win 1 of 5 pairs of F1 Malaysian Grand Prix GrandStand tickets.
• Maybank Credit Card users can enjoy 5X Treats Rewards points and 12 months interest-free instalment plan.
• Great gifts with purchase in store for fans of Graham, Longines, Maurice Lacroix, Oris, Tag Heuer and Tissot.
• Exceptional prices for select models.
• Exclusive Time Kulture tote bag with any purchase.