Receiving my first angel

When I first got confirmation of my pregnancy, I was pretty nervous and happy. I knew that my life was going to change once I entered motherhood, but I was looking forward to it. My husband and I couldn't wait for the arrival of our first baby.

During my first trimester, I became more picky about the food that I ate. I started to dislike eating fried foods. They were all my favourite foods but I disliked them then. My appetite changed totally and my kind mother-in-law had to cook different dishes just to suit my taste. I was glad to have such a kind mother-in-law.

Every month, my husband would accompany me to visit the gynaecologist. We were so excited to see our baby's growth. On the fifth month of pregnancy, we got the news from my gynae that our baby was a boy. Thereafter, I started to do my shopping for my baby. I prepared his clothes, napkins, baby cot and stroller.

At last, my pregnancy reached the eighth month and I was advised to visit the gynae every two weeks from then. Everything was going smoothly. I started to drink coconut water and did more walking every day.

I was expected to deliver on Jan 30, 2007, but on that day, there was no sign of delivery. The next morning, I visited my gynae and was told everything was fine. My delivery could be delayed for a week, at most. I was getting more nervous and excited by the day.

That afternoon, I went for a walk with my husband at the nearby park. Then, at midnight, I started to get backache and could not sleep well the whole night. My husband quickly sent me to the hospital the next morning at 7am. I was checked by the nurse and was told that I was 3cm dilated.

After being warded for two hours, there was no sign of delivery and I was getting exhausted. At last, my husband and I agreed to go for a caesarean section instead of normal delivery. The doctor was informed and I was wheeled into the operating theatre in the next few minutes. Within half an hour, I heard my baby cry loudly. My husband and I saw our first baby for the very first time. We were so happy and could not wait to hold him.

Being a first-time mother was not easy. I was lucky to have my mother-in-law assist me during the whole month of confinement. She taught me a lot of things on how to take care of my baby.

With patience and love, my son Ryan has grown up well and reached toddlerhood now. I definitely enjoy motherhood a lot.


Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
Join our Telegram channel to get our Evening Alerts and breaking news highlights

Stories You'll Enjoy