Justin Bieber denies accusations of sexual assault


Justin Bieber denies allegations that he sexually assaulted two women. Photo: AFP

On June 20, two women came forward detailing how they were sexually assaulted by pop singer Justin Bieber.

The first accusation against Bieber came from “Danielle”, who posted her story using a burner Twitter account. Danielle said that the assault happened on March 9,2014, when Bieber was still dating singer Selena Gomez.

In a now-deleted tweet, Danielle wrote: “My name is Danielle, and for personal reasons, I will not be stating my last name. If he (Bieber) comes across this, you know who I am. I know you remember me.”

Danielle goes on to describe how Bieber put on a surprise performance at a bar where she and her friends were present. Later that night, a man “approached them and asked if they would like to wait after the show to meet Bieber”.

Danielle said that she her friends accepted Bieber’s invitation back to the Four Seasons hotel, “not thinking anything of it” at the time. There, Bieber took Danielle aside to a private room. Danielle’s account ends with Bieber forcing himself on her even though she told him that they were “going too far and (they) should stop”.

Although Danielle’s tweet has now been deleted, other Twitter users have archived her post.

Shortly after Danielle came forward with her story, an influencer by the name of Kadi tweeted about her own experience with Bieber. Kadi’s account takes place in 2015.

Much like Danielle, Kadi said that she was approached by one of Bieber’s staff – in this case, his bodyguard, Mikey Arana – who invited her to the hotel where the singer was staying. Kadi said that Bieber “pushed her to the bed, pinned her down (and) pulled her leggings off”.

The thread continues with screenshots of conversations that Kadi claims are between herself and Arana.

Reactions to these allegations have been mixed, with some people accusing the two women of lying, and others calling for Bieber to be “cancelled”. There are even Twitter users who claim that Danielle and Kadi are the same person.

On June 22, Bieber took to Twitter to shut down what he says are false accusations. In a series of tweets, Bieber backed up his defence with several news articles and personal photos, which he said prove that he was with ex-girlfriend Gomez throughout the night.

The singer also provided receipts of his hotel reservations for March 9 and 10, which show that he stayed at the Westin instead of the Four Seasons.

“I was never on property (at the Four Seasons) on the 9th of March 2014 and never a guest on the 9th or the 10th and I welcome all press to inquire with them if needed or wanted. This story is factually impossible and that is why I will be working with twitter and authorities to take legal action.” he wrote.

However, Bieber has only addressed Danielle’s claims so far, and has not touched on Kadi’s accusations.

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3

Justin Bieber

   

Did you find this article insightful?

Yes
No

50% readers found this article insightful

Next In Entertainment

British chef Jamie Oliver makes Malaysian-style fish dish on his cooking show
Free kids and news channels for Astro customers during MCO 2.0
Actress Yeo Yann Yann wanted to kill herself while suffering from postpartum depression
Blackpink's Jennie gets 600 million YouTube views with debut single 'Solo'
Dubai-based, ex-Elite singer Sasha Saidin receives Covid-19 vaccine
Taboo no more: Divorce becomes more common on Korean TV shows
Phil Spector, music producer and convicted murderer, dead at 81 of Covid-19
'Golden Girls' actress Betty White marks 99th birthday on Jan 17
Selena Gomez: 'Facebook, Twitter, Instagram... you've failed the American people'
Myanmar actor Paing Takhon shaves head for monk stint, goes viral on Internet

Stories You'll Enjoy