Citaglobal-led consortium bags 30-year RE contract


PETALING JAYA: A consortium led by Citaglobal Bhd, Citaglobal Reneuco Energy Solution Sdn Bhd (CREES), has accepted a conditional letter of award (CLOA) from Malaysia Rail Link Sdn Bhd (MRL) for a 30-year concession to exclusively provide electricity and renewable energy or RE for the East Coast Rail Link (ECRL) network that spans over 665km from Kota Baru, Kelantan to Port Klang, Selangor.

In a statement, Citaglobal said the concession, comprising the provision of electricity to both traction and non-traction of the ECRL network, also included the development and construction of transmission and interconnection facilities valued at RM600mil.

These facilities, it said, were expected to be completed and commissioned in stages from early to mid-2026.

CREES is a consortium of two companies comprising Citaglobal with a 60% shareholding and Reneuco Bhd holding the remaining 40%.

“Over a period of 30 years, the consortium led by Citaglobal is expected to also develop and provide green energy of up to 100 megawatt (MW), aiming to achieve an energy mix of 30% green energy for the ECRL network.

“The concession is for a period of 30 years with an option to renew for an additional 30 years, exercisable at MRL’s discretion,” Citaglobal said.

The award was conditional upon the finalisation of a definitive agreement which was to be executed no longer than three months from the date of the CLOA, as well as approval from the relevant authorities for the consortium to distribute electricity to the ECRL network under the scheme governed by the public distribution licence.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
   

Next In Business News

MRCA names Ken Phua as 10th president
The Chinese site that rewired online shopping
Bank Negara international reserves lower at US$113.4bil
Gold slips over 1% as fears of wider Middle East conflict ebb
China seen as indispensable to global supply chain
SC to introduce VC Golden Pass to streamline venture capital registration
China state fund pours US$41bil into stock market in Q1, reports show
Oil prices fall more than 1% as Iran-Israel tensions ease
Apparel retailer Express files for US bankruptcy protection, to close over 100 stores
Iconic Worldwide unit eyes 70% take-up rate for Iconic Harmony project

Others Also Read