SCIB, Bintai Kinden explore potential partnership

KUALA LUMPUR Sarawak Consolidated Industries Bhd (SCIB) is exploring a collaboration with Bintai Kinden Corp Bhd to establish a strategic alliance for exploring business opportunities, securing new projects and the sharing of profits.

In a joint statement, the parties said the joint venture vehicle to be used for the partnership would be SCIB's wholly owned subsidiary, SCIB Infraworks Sdn Bhd.

Accordingly, SCIB would retain a 51% interest in the JV while Bintai Kinden would subscribe to the remaining 49%.

SCIB group managing director Rosland Othman said an alliance between the two groups will allow them to leverage each other's strengths and expertise.

"Our focus on small-to-mid-sized construction healthcare, educational and utility facilities as well as rural infrastructure projects together with investment in technology such as 3D printing and automation are also strengths that we can leverage on for the future JV projects," he said.

SCIB executive director Ku Chong Hang added that the group expects more infrastructure projects in the pipeline as Malaysia's construction sector gains momentum on the back of economic growth.

Meanwhile, Bintai Kinden executive director Azri Azerai said it looks forward to a fruitful partnership with SCIB in its search for fresh opportunities.

Article type: free
User access status:
Subscribe now to our Premium Plan for an ad-free and unlimited reading experience!

Next In Business News

Bursa Securities to delist Scomi, dismisses regularisation plan extension application
Stocks rise after bank sale underpins investor confidence
TT Vision sees good growth potential in overseas market this year
Walgreens quarterly profit beats estimates on strong pharmacy performance
Kamunting Management to buy remaining 40% stake in E&O for RM46.95mil
Ringgit closes higher as demand for US$ weakens
PT Resources takes a longer-term view for growth
Press Metal, PChem lead CI rally on Bursa Malaysia
Alibaba to split into six units, likely to pursue separate IPOs
Carimin Petroleum accepts vessel supply order from PETRONAS Carigali

Others Also Read