Axiata, unit to buy 66% in PT Link for RM2.55bil


In a joint statement yesterday, Axiata and XL Axiata said they had signed a conditional share purchase agreement to acquire PT Link Net from Asia Link Dewa Pte Ltd (ALD) and PT First Media Tbk (FM).

KUALA LUMPUR: Axiata Group Bhd and its Indonesian unit XL Axiata are proposing to acquire a 66.03% stake in PT Link Net Tbk for RM2.55bil.

In a joint statement yesterday, Axiata and XL Axiata said they had signed a conditional share purchase agreement to acquire PT Link Net from Asia Link Dewa Pte Ltd (ALD) and PT First Media Tbk (FM).

The acquisition is set to reinforce Axiata’s strategic move into the underpenetrated fixed-broadband segment and fuels its expansion plans in Indonesia.

“This translates to a value of about RM3.86bil for a 100% equity interest in Link Net,” the companies said.

Under the terms of the agreement, Axiata Investments (Indonesia) Sdn Bhd (an indirect wholly-owned subsidiary of Axiata) and XL Axiata will acquire a a 46.03% and 20% stake, respectively, from the combined equity interest of 66.03% in Link Net, which is held by ALD and FM.

“AII will then be obligated to undertake a mandatory tender offer to acquire the remaining 33.97% Link Net shares pursuant to regulatory requirements in Indonesia.”

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
Join our Telegram channel to get our Evening Alerts and breaking news highlights

Axiata Group , XL Axiata , PT Link Net Tbk , buy ,

   

Next In Business News

Kerjaya Prospek posts 1Q net profit of RM28.86mil, 2c div per share
Asian stocks gain after Fed minutes but China growth worries linger
Shanghai heading out of lockdown but China still lost in economic gloom
Businesses positive on Q2 prospects but remain cautious
SFP Tech plans to raise RM62.23mil proceeds from IPO
4As offers IPA Diversity & Inclusion Essentials Certificate
MISC's 1Q net profit falls to RM376.4mil on higher finance costs, lower JV profits
Maybank records net profit of RM2.04bil in 1Q
FBM KLCI maintains slight lead amid global relief rally
Ringgit opens marginally higher as Fed minutes show no surprises

Others Also Read