Bintai Kinden unit enters JV to bid for Petronas LNG Complex project


KUALA LUMPUR: Bintai Kinden Corp Bhd unit Kejuruteraan Bintai Kindenko has entered a joint venture with Kejuruteraan Gemilang Jaya Sdn Bhd to tender for and potentially undertake engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning (EPCC) works for Malaysia LNG Sdn Bhd's power import project in Sarawak.

In a bourse filing, Bintai Kinden said the project in question entails the development of a new extra-high voltage substation at Petronas LNG Complex (PLC).

The new substation will connect directly to Sarawak Energy Bhd's 275kV substation, and provide 90MW of power to PLC through its existing 33kV network.

"By reducing PLC’s internal power generation, 90MW of electricity will be sourced from Sarawak Energy’s substation which is mainly generated by renewable hydroelectric power.

"Hence, this Project unleashes the potential for PLC to utilise renewable energy in its operation," said Bintai Kinden.

Under the joint venture agreement, Bintai Kinden will own 80% of the contract while the remaining 20% will go to Kejuruteraan Gemilang Jaya.

Bintai Kinden deputy CEO Azri Azerai said, if successful, the company’s participation will mark its maiden foray into the renewable energy sector.

“As sustainability becomes front and center in Malaysia’s transition towards net zero carbon emissions, the power import project allows Bintai Kinden to play a role in addressing carbon footprint in natural gas plays, already the cleanest fossil fuel supply.

“Bintai Kinden will seek more opportunities in the renewable energy space, which will only see further growth as the region develops more renewable energy related infrastructure in the future,” he said in a statement.
Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 46
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
Join our Telegram channel to get our Evening Alerts and breaking news highlights
   

Next In Business News

Ringgit seen trading range-bound at RM4.38-RM4.40 against US dollar next week
CPO futures on cautious tone next week
PetChem finds good fit in Sweden’s Perstorp
Short Position - CPO prices, Green hydrogen in Malaysia
Chin Hin Group continues M&A spree
Recovery theme sustains short-term interest in M-REITs
New vehicle sales down 3.6% in April
Khazanah in S. Korean partnership with SK ecoplant
Higher palm oil price boost for Sime Darby
Pharmaniaga’s quarterly revenue rises 21.26%

Others Also Read