Iskandar Malaysia records RM7.3b investment projects completed in Jan-April


Iskandar Regional Development Authority (IRDA) Chief Executive Datuk Ismail Ibrahim said 20 per cent of the realised investments involved domestic investors while the remaining 80 per cent from foreign investors. - File pic

JOHOR BAHRU: Iskandar Malaysia saw the completion of investment projects worth RM7.33 billion between January to April this year, reflecting a positive indication that the economic corridor still retained the trust of the investors.

Iskandar Regional Development Authority (IRDA) Chief Executive Datuk Ismail Ibrahim said 20 per cent of the realised investments involved domestic investors while the remaining 80 per cent from foreign investors.

"We hope this confidence will continue and encourage other investors to see the region as an ideal platform to start, rebuild or expand their business and operations during or in preparation of the post-COVID-19 pandemic.

"We greatly appreciate Malaysia Investment Development Authority’s (MIDA) support and approval of the manufacturing projects in Iskandar Malaysia and look forward to the delivery of these projects this year despite the present challenges,” he said in a statement today.

Last year, the projects that were approved to be developed in this region included those from China, Japan and Singapore with the top three approved industries were transport equipment, electrical and electronics and machinery and equipment.

Ismail said overall, Iskandar Malaysia’s total cumulative recorded investment reached RM341.4 billion since 2006 with 61 per cent of this has been realised to date.

He said the economic corridor would continue to present itself as the preferred investment destination for investors who seek to start, rebuild or expand their business and operations during and post COVID-19 pandemic by taking several initiatives that could help these investors to embark their interest in the region quickly.

On the venture into modern farming, he said investors and partners are welcomed to the region to work together in developing, driving and benefiting from the modern farming initiative, driven by the demand of genuine need to improve food security and a huge demand for continuous food supplies for the country and its neighbour, Singapore. - Bernama
Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 46
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
Join our Telegram channel to get our Evening Alerts and breaking news highlights
   

Next In Business News

Sony posts Q1 profit jump on pandemic demand for devices and content
LBS Bina records property sales of RM684m as at end-July
Airline industry statistics confirm 2020 as worst year on record
Merchantrade Asia, NPCI offer real-time remittances to India
DNeX’s SilTerra bags RM1.69b long-term contract from China’s Chipone
Solarvest bags RM66m contract for solar PV plant in Perak
Political turmoil spurs selling on Bursa
Hong Leong Bank launches virtual hackathon Asean edition focused on ESG
Growth in China's July services activity speeds up, but risks loom
Ringgit opens lower on Brent crude decline

Stories You'll Enjoy


Vouchers