In a statement posted on the oil and gas engineering and IT services company's website, the directors said management, together with the board, were taking steps to resolve matters and were working on appointing an independent firm to assess the audit issues "independently and objectively".
"The management, together with the board of directors have taken and are taking initiatives to restore the situation, among others, by appointing independent firm to assess veracity and accuracy of the matters raised by the external auditors, independently and objectively," the statement said.
They said aid the committee will have no representation from the management to ensure its independence.
On May 28, Serba Dinamik’s second largest shareholder, Datuk Abdul Kadier Sahib had proposed the removal of KPMG PLT as its external auditor.
In its audit, KPMG PLT had flagged certain sales transactions, receivables and payables to the tune of over RM3 billion.
On June 2, Abdul Kadier withdrew a notice calling for an extraordinary general meeting (EGM) to replace KPMG as the company's external auditor and the proposed nomination of BDO PLT as the new auditors.
STATEMENTS FROM INDEPENDENT NON-EXECUTIVE DIRECTORS , JUNE 3 (STATEMENT LINK)
1. We, the Independent Non-Executive Directors of Serba Dinamik Holdings Berhad (“Company”) share concern in regards to the current situation of the Company, along with other members of the Board of Directors, the Management, the shareholders & the stakeholders.
2. The Management, together with the Board of Directors have taken and are taking initiatives to restore the situation, among others, by appointing Independent Firm to assess veracity and accuracy of the matters raised by the external auditors, independently and objectively, without element of interference from any party, and to report results of the assessment to the established Independent Committee.
3. For information, the composition of membership of the established Independent Committee has no representation from the Management to ensure its independence.
4. On other note, the Company had announced on 2 June 2021 that it has received a notice from YBhg. Datuk Haji Abdul Kadier Sahib to withdraw the Special Notice for the termination of auditors, KPMG PLT (“KPMG”) and the proposed nomination of BDO PLT as the new auditors, after his due consideration, based on concerns raised by the shareholders and stakeholders that have been supporting the Company.
5. The Board of Directors then accepted the Withdrawal Notice and in view of the above development, the above matter is now closed.
6. Rest assured that we will ensure that the Company’s Corporate Governance is at the highest level and we remain independent in executing our responsibilities.
7. We humbly seek the understanding & support from shareholders and stakeholders for the Company to get through this situation and we believe that the Board of Directors, the Management and the Company will consistently provide value as proven since our Initial Public Offering (“IPO”) in 2017.