PCCS to diversify into used car financing, insurance


From left: Advisor for 365 Group of Companies Justin See Kok Wah, and PCCS Group Berhad Group Executive Chairman Chan Choo Sing.

PETALING JAYA: PCCS Group Bhd will enter a joint venture (JV) to diversify into used car financing and insurance business.

In a statement, the garment manufacturer said it had entered into a shareholders agreement with See Kok Wah to form the JV company that would be known as Southern Auto Capital Sdn Bhd, where its principal business would be of used vehicles financing and insurance within Johor and Melaka.

The JV company would commence its business on May 1.

PCCS said it would hold an 80% stake in the JV company, and would be investing RM4mil in this new business. See would hold the remaining 20% and put in capital of RM1mil.

PCCS noted See is the adviser of 365 Capital Sdn Bhd, a company principally engaged in the business of used cars financing, and has extensive expertise, know-how, experience and network in successfully undertaking such business.

The new venture is part of PCCS’ plan to diversify its businesses and ultimately to bring resilience to whole business framework of the group.

“With the current enormous used car market especially private car transactions with 400,000 units a year, the company expects positive contribution from the business within a year, ” said PCCS founder and group executive chairman Chan Choo Sing.

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 46
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3

   

Next In Business News

Ringgit ends firmer against US dollar at 4.1050
SC, Bursa to reinstate dynamic, static price limits
Bursa closes broadly lower ahead of 1Q GDP data, Covid-19
Dayang unit secures services contract from Shell
BioNTech to establish regional HQ, mRNA manufacturing facility in Singapore
BIMB Research sees 1Q GDP shrinking at slower pace of 0.6%
MoF confirms 1MDB, SRC filed 22 suits to recover RM96.6b
Dollar back to where it began the year as rally burns out
Bank Negara issues guidance for financial sector on climate resilience
Serba Dinamik becomes premier partner for Malaysian pavilion at Expo 2020 Dubai

Stories You'll Enjoy


Vouchers