KUALA LUMPUR: Tenaga Nasional Bhd’s (TNB) comprehensive portal and app, myTNB, has seen almost 50% increase in new registered accounts since the Movement Control Order (MCO) was first enforced on March 18.
In a statement Thursday, TNB said myTNB provides a safer alternative for 9.28 million TNB customers to pay their bills as all of its 125 Kedai Tenaga outlets and self-service payment kiosks nationwide are temporarily closed during the MCO period.
“Newly registered TNB accounts for myTNB had risen by 47.8% to 3.33 million from March 18 until May 3 as stay-at-home customers take advantage of both the portal and app to do their
various TNB-related transactions. This is very encouraging,” said TNB chief retail officer, Ir. Megat Jalaluddin Megat Hassan said.
TNB said throughout the MCO period, it has suspended physical meter reading and delivery of its bills to premises.
Customers’ electricity usage will be calculated based on the previous month’s usage (estimate bill).
For example, if last month’s bill was RM100, the current estimate bill will be RM100 as well. The tiered discount (between 2% to 50%) based on total consumption will be reflected in their estimate bill issued for electricity usage starting April 1.
TNB said customers can also check their electricity bills by calling TNB CareLine. Throughout the MCO period, TNB will not conduct any disconnection activity on customers with overdue bills.
Did you find this article insightful?
88% readers found this article insightful