Outbreak weighs on India’s massive credit card IPO


SBI Cards is 74% owned by State Bank of India, the nation’s largest lender, and Carlyle Group has the remaining 26%. SBI is selling 4% stake, while Carlyle is paring 10% of its holding, according to the sale document.

SINGAPORE: As India’s first billion-dollar share sale in more than two years and the only credit card firm in the nation to go public, SBI Cards and Payment Services Ltd’s float may exceed the US$1.4bil target.

The question is by how much in the face of the coronavirus outbreak.

Subscribe now for a chance to win your dream holiday!

Monthly Plan

RM13.90/month

Annual Plan

RM12.33/month

Billed as RM148.00/year

1 month

Free Trial

For new subscribers only


Cancel anytime. No ads. Auto-renewal. Unlimited access to the web and app. Personalised features. Members rewards.
Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
   

Next In Business News

Ringgit hits fresh six-month high against US$
Tech shares see sharp decline, but FBM KLCI holds steady
Trading ideas: PGF. Hong Seng, ILB, Bintai Kinden, PTT, BIG, Synergy, Econpile, Synergy, Ewein, Scomi Energy, Pavilion REIT, Zhulian
MAHB, Capital A corporate exercises dominate recovery in tourism
ILB Group unit makes double buy
Pavilion-REIT prudent despite earnings growth
Launch of new AiX centre to drive CelcomDigi’s growth revenue
MNH earnings growth trajectory likely to improve
Zhulian 2Q net profit at RM6.6mil
Market upside depends on China recovery

Others Also Read