TRC Synergy bidding for RM2bil projects this year

  • Business
  • Wednesday, 26 Jun 2019

KUALA LUMPUR: Construction company TRC SYNERGY BHD is actively bidding for RM2bil worth of projects this year while striving to reduce reliance on the segment.

Executive director Datuk AbdulAziz Mohamad said the company has set a realistic target of RM2bil this year as compared with a RM5bil tender book last year, in line with the current trend in the industry.

“At the moment, the construction division contributes 90% to the turnover, while the remaining 10% is contributed by the property segment,” he told reporters after the company’s annual general meeting here.

He also revealed that TRC secured construction projects worth RM609mil last year.

“As for this year, the total value of projects that we have tendered and will tender for is RM2bil, including projects related to the Pan Borneo Highway in Sarawak,” he said.

Commenting on the decline of the Bursa listed construction index by 50% last year from 2017, AbdulAziz said the situation remains a concern as it reflects on the market volatility.

“But with our portfolios in hand and opportunities that we have been exposed to, I think we are not going to be affected as much as the other 50% counters.

“We are quite confident we are still able to achieve the conservative outlook that we have set up,” he added.

He elaborated that going forward, TRC Synergy is looking to increase the contribution from the property segment to 20%, particularly after the mixed-use development project Ara Damansara kicks off in the late third quarter (3Q19) of this year.

The first phase of the project, a joint venture with Syarikat Prasarana Negara Bhd, was postponed to 3Q19 from 3Q18 due to weak market conditions.

“The gross development value of the Ara Damansara project is RM1bil and it gives us around RM200mil a year for five years, and this is very significant to the group’s turnover,” AbdulAziz said. — Bernama

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 18
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3

Did you find this article insightful?


Across The Star Online