WCT climbs on RM1.1b TRX residential project news


During the quarter in review, the construction and property development company saw its revenue grow 14.1% to RM539.79mil from RM472.88mil in the previous corresponding period, while its earnings per share increased to 2.71 sen from 2.62 sen previously.

KUALA LUMPUR: Shares in WCT Holdings Bhd rose 2.63% in early trade Thursday on news that it would jointly develop the first residential project at the Tun Razak Exchange (TRX), with an estimated gross development value (GDV) of RM1.1bil.

WCT rose 2.63%, or two sen to 78 sen with 1.7 million shares done. WCT-WE gained 12.5%, or one sen to nince sen. 

WCT and China-based China Communications and Construction Group (CCCG), will jointly develop the first residential project at TRX, with an estimated GDV of RM1.1bil.

WCT said its joint venture (JV) company with CCCG, CORE Precious Development Sdn Bhd, officially held the groundbreaking ceremony yesterday to symbolise the commencement of project construction. 

CORE Precious is 20%-owned by WCT and the other 80% is owned by CCCG. 

The project features two serviced residence towers and one serviced apartment tower and is scheduled to be completed around the end of 2022.

Subscribe now for a chance to win your dream holiday!

Monthly Plan

RM13.90/month

Annual Plan

RM12.33/month

Billed as RM148.00/year

1 month

Free Trial

For new subscribers only


Cancel anytime. No ads. Auto-renewal. Unlimited access to the web and app. Personalised features. Members rewards.
Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Tun Razak Exchange

   

Next In Business News

Healthy order book to bolster Ancom Nylex showing
AME-REIT eyes Iskandar M’sia properties
Top Glove to benefit from potential demand recovery
Synergistic benefits for YTL from NSL stake buy
PKNS aims to be more commercially driven, grow revenue by 2030
SupportLine
Tesla set to lose electric vehicle sales crown to BYD
AAX carries 880,265 passengers in 2Q24
Malaysia investment gateway to Asean
German gas grid operators request for hydrogen permit

Others Also Read