Red Ideas, Parcel 365 to operate community parcel lockers

From left are Mok Yew Keong, the co-founder and executive director of Parcel 365; and the co-founders of Red Ideas David Foo and Ignatius Ho.

KUALA LUMPUR: coming to your neighbourhood soon... Red Ideas Holdings Bhd and Parcel 365 will operate community parcel lockers at neighbourhoods.

Red Ideas, which developed the neighbourhood community app JaGaApp, and Parcel 365 will set up the lockers in 50 neighbourhoods/communities managed by Red Ideas. 
Red Ideas co-founder and executive director Ignatius Ho said on Wednesday the lockers would be place in designated areas in the neighbourhoods which subscribed to its services. 
“This would be done in stages. Under the first stage, the target is to place the lockers at 50 neighbourhoods. We envision that all neighbourhoods will have lockers, further enhancing the convenient lifestyle of community living,” he added. 
Red Ideas is listed on the LEAP Market of Bursa Malaysia Securities. Parcel 365 is a business partner of Lorry365, an app-based logistics company with a delivery service centre in Malaysia. 

The locker plan for communities would enable Red Ideas to tap into its over 225 customers in Malaysia. Of these customers, 80% of them are from the Klang Valley and the remaining 20% from Penang, Johor, Seremban, Ipoh and Melaka.
Parcel 365’s co-founder and executive director Mok Yew Keong said the residents can use the  lockers not only to receive but also to send parcels. 
“Residents will be able to collect the parcels at their own convenience at the parcel lockers,” he added.
The community parcel locker also known as Parcel 365 is a secure storage space that enable communities to collect and send their parcels anytime, day and night. 

Comprising secure compartments of different sizes, the community parcel locker system is electronically managed and monitored by a centralized server via internet. 
When a parcel is delivered to a locker, the system will notify the recipient via an SMS. To retrieve the parcel, the recipient only needs to enter a one-time PIN code at the locker station.
Importantly, the design of the parcel locker is based on efficiency, convenience and security. The lockers will be placed near the guard house or the lobby of the clubhouse. 
Residents who want to send parcel using the locker just need to log on to the Parcel 365 app and choose a courier company. The payment will be executed through the app. 
Upon payment, the senders will receive a code. They can deposit the parcel into the locker after scanning the code. The lockers will be at either at the guard houses or the lobby of their club houses.
The service is also an alternative to delivery of parcels to communities/customers who are unable to be at home to await the delivery during the designated times.
Red Ideas’s co-founder and executive director David Foo said the partnership would enable it to brand its services. 

“It will help to increase the value within a community for Red Ideas’s flagship JaGaApp whiles providing an avenue for our partners to reach directly into communities by branding the lockers,” he added. 
Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 46
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
Join our Telegram channel to get our Evening Alerts and breaking news highlights

Next In Business News

Taming multicloud chaos
MIER: Consumers’ finances worsen, job outlook weakens
MIER sees rocky road ahead for businesses
Ringgit opens marginally higher as greenback trades sideways
Bursa set to end July on weak note as KLCI extends losses
Maybank maintains 'buy', target price on Frontken
Lim Seong Hai Capital surges on LEAP Market debut
Robust earnings ahead for Tasco
Space station mishap prompts NASA to postpone launch of Boeing Starliner
Rights group asks US customs to probe Goodyear Malaysia over labour practices

Stories You'll Enjoy