Bank Negara adds Tu-E Capital to alert list

KUALA LUMPUR: Bank Negara Malaysia has added Tü-E Capital Bhd – which has its origins in Indonesia – to its Financial Consumer Alert list of unapproved companies and websites.

“The list consists of companies and websites which are neither authorised nor approved under the relevant laws and regulations administered by Bank Negara,” it said in a statement posted on the website. 

Bank Negara pointed out the list is not exhaustive and only serves as a guide to members of the public based on information and queries received 

A check on the  Tü-E Capital website shows the company has an office in Kuala Lumpur.

The company stated it started in Jakarta by incorporating P.T. Tü-E Capital Bhd, now is P.T. Tü-E Capital Indonesia a company with Foreign Investment (PMA - Penanaman Modal Asing) status where it has a 70% equity. 

“Currently, we gain a foothold in 34 countries with Tü-E Capital (NY) Corp., Tü-E Capital California and Tü-E Capital North America LLC. United States of America and Tü-E Capital South Africa Co. Ltd. being the latest. We will be opening up our outfit in Latin America only before the end of 2020,” it said. 

Tu-E Capital says its strategy is to have a smart partnership created on strategic alliance / partnership arrangements by incorporating a special purpose vehicle (SPV).

In the SPV,  the investee / fundee holds 51% equity with the right to appoint one or two directors as well as the checkbook signatory.  Tü-E Capital Bhd will act as the funder / investor holds the other 49% equity. 

The SPV would act as the funds security company on the cash collateral fixed deposit where the Bank´s facilities would be created for the Investee / Fundee. 

Tu-E  Capital's strategic alliance / partnership have the advantage over conventional banking system with usury/ interest element. 

Tü-E Capital will act as the guarantors to settle any bank charges utilising the return earned from the weekly return for 40 weeks by participating in the trade program (PIP) using the said fixed deposit certificate. 

Click here for Bank Negara's list of unapproved companies and websites.

Corporate News , Economy