KUALA LUMPUR: Sime Darby Bhd has submitted the relevant applications for the proposed listing of the plantation and property units to the Securities Commission.
The conglomerate, which is demerging the plantation and property units, had on Monday also announced the new board members and the senior leadership for Sime Darby Plantation Bhd and Sime Darby Property Bhd.
The three listed companies will become pure-plays in the plantation, property and trading and logistics sectors on the Main Market of Bursa Malaysia.
It explained the boards of both companies comprised individuals selected and appointed based on industry experience, their acumen and integrity, some of whom have served Sime Darby in various capacities in the past.
As for the senior management, it said they were appointed based on the wide range of needs of the two companies.
Expressing his confidence, Sime Darby chairman Tan Sri Abdul Ghani Othman said the new members of the two boards and the senior management “have the experience and expertise, to spearhead the businesses in these challenging times”.
“We are confident they will grow the companies into stronger entities to generate sustainable returns for all stakeholders,” he said.
The announcement of an additional board member for both companies would be made soon.
The boards of the plantation and property companies will comprise 11 directors upon listing, most of whom shall be independent non-executive directors.
“Sime Darby Plantation produces nearly a quarter or three million tonnes of the world’s CSPO (certified sustainable palm oil) and all but two of our 63 operating units are certified. We first made our commitment to sustainability in 2007
and we continue to deliver on it.
“This has required both dedication and discipline, and a willingness to take stock and implement change where necessary,” said Abdul Ghani, who is also Sime Darby Plantation chairman.
Sime Darby Plantation Board comprises:
* Chairman: Tan Sri Dato’ Abdul Ghani Othman
* Executive deputy chairman & managing director: Tan Sri Mohd Bakke Salleh
* Datuk Mohamad Nasir Ab. Latif
* Datuk Mohd Nizam Zainordin
* Zainal Abidin Jamal
* Tan Sri Dr Yusof Basiran
* Datuk Zaiton Mohd Hassan
* Muhammad Lutfi
* Datuk Che Abdullah @ Rashidi Che Omar
* Tan Ting Min
* Chief advisor and value officer: Datuk Franki Anthony Dass
* Chief financial officer: Renaka Ramachandran
* Chief operating officer – Upstream: Mohamad Helmy Othman Basha
* Chief operating officer - Downstream: Mohd Haris Mohd Arshad
* Chief sustainability officer: Dr Simon Lord
* Head, research & development: Dr Harikrishna Kulaveerasingam
Sime Darby Property Bhd
Sime Darby said the new board and key management lineup of Sime Darby Property, one of the largest property developers in the country, reflects the company’s thrust and purpose to reinvent its growth trajectory.
As the largest landbank owner in strategic growth corridors across Malaysia, it said Sime Darby Property's track record as a premier developer of integrated townships across the value chain will serve it well.
Abdul Ghani said Sime Darby Property has the potential to become one of the leading players in the region.
“With the right leadership at the helm, it will be able to realise this potential and grow to new heights.
“The Malaysia Vision Valley project in which Sime Darby Property is a significant shareholder, will be a game changer not just for the company but also for the country,” he added.
Sime Darby Property is also a 40% shareholder of London’s iconic Battersea Power Station Project, which is one of the largest redevelopment projects in England.
Sime Darby Property Board comprises:
* Chairman: Tan Sri Abdul Wahid Omar
* Managing director: Datuk Seri Amrin Awaluddin
* Executive director & chief financial officer: Datuk Tong Poh Keow
* Datuk Rohana Tan Sri Mahmood
* Tengku Datuk Seri Ahmad Shah Alhaj ibni Almarhum Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Shah Alhaj
* Datuk Johan Ariffin
* Datuk Jaganath Derek Steven Sabapathy
* Datuk Dr Mohd Daud Bakar
* Datuk Seri Ahmad Johan Mohammad Raslan
* Datin Nor Azah Mohamed Razali
* Chief operating/transformation officer: Datuk Wan Hashimi Albakri Wan Ahmad Amin Jaffri
* CEO of Sime Darby real estate management and head of property investment: Dr Tan Kok Heng
* Senior general manager, township development: Zaharudin Sa’at
* Senior general manager, development services: Chong Chee On
* Chief marketing and sales officer: Clare Louise Kenny Tipton
Did you find this article insightful?