MoF secretary-general Tan Sri Irwan Serigar Abdullah told reporters on Wednesday government has been receiving enquiries for more details on the project.
"We are opening up (the RFP) today. We are waiting for parties to come and take the RFP.
"Among the criteria is that the company must be in the Fortune 500 list," he said.
Asked if the developer must be a foreign firm, he said it was open to all.
"Of course there is criteria in the RFP that local content must be met," he told reporters at the sidelines of the RHB Regional Conference 2017 here on Wednesday.
Last month, Irwan said the MoF would soon issue a RFP for parties interested in participating in the Bandar Malaysia project.
Irwan, who is chairman of TRX City Sdn Bhd and Bandar Malaysia Sdn Bhd, said under the RFP, the MoF would set new criteria and conditions for companies to participate.
On another matter, he said China's Belt Road initiative would be a win-win situation for both countries.
"We must take the opportunity. We need the funds, and it is being offered at a cheaper rate and of course they offer a long term repayment period.
"We will benefit in terms of infrastructure projects and this will drive growth.
"If we don't start these projects now the costs will continue to go up," he said.
He added that there were no concerns about security or sovereignity.
"It is purely business for the development of the country, for the future generation and to sustain economic growth," he said.