Sime Darby sells Singapore property for nearly RM250mil


Sime Darby property logo

KUALA LUMPUR: Sime Darby Bhd, which aims to raise RM1.8bil by selling property assets in Australia and Singapore, sold one of its investment properties in Singapore on Thursday for S$82.55mil (RM249.64mil) cash.

In a filing with Bursa Malaysia, the diversified group said Sime Darby Property Singapore Ltd (SDP Singapore), a unit under its wholly-owned subsidiary Sime Darby Property Bhd, had sold off its entire equity interest in Sime Darby Property (Alexandra) Pte Ltd (SDP Alexandra) to Aster Investment Holding Pte Ltd.

Aster is an indirect 25%-owned associate company of SDP Singapore, with the other 75% equity interest being indirectly held by Sedan Holding Ltd. Following the disposal, SDP Alexandra has become Sime Darby’ associate company.

The cash consideration of S$82.55mil is subject to certain additional purchase price adjustments, Sime Darby said without elaborating.

The statement noted that Singapore-incorporated SDP Alexandra was mainly engaged in property investment and management, but it did not say what was its property in the republic. It is believed that SDP Alexandra owns a five-storey light industrial building at Alexandra Road, Sime Darby Business Centre.

In February, Sime Darby president and group chief executive Tan Sri Mohd Bakke Salleh had said the plantations-based group had identified 13 assets in Australia and three in Singapore for the planned asset monetisation.

Sime Darby said Thursday’s disposal would not have any material effect on the earnings or net assets of the group for the financial year ending June 30, 2017.
Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 46
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
Join our Telegram channel to get our Evening Alerts and breaking news highlights
   

Next In Business News

Impiana Hotels secures 5-year contract to manage Petronas leadership centre
Serba Dinamik appoints Nexia as new external auditors
F&N posts higher sales in Q3, but rising costs dent earnings
Political turmoil weighs on Bursa
As China's recovery wobbles, economists expect more policy easing
Thai c.bank holds key rate at record low amid COVID-19 surge
Sony posts Q1 profit jump on pandemic demand for devices and content
LBS Bina records property sales of RM684m as at end-July
Airline industry statistics confirm 2020 as worst year on record
Merchantrade Asia, NPCI offer real-time remittances to India

Stories You'll Enjoy


Vouchers