Ewein buys RM162mil freehold land in Penang


KUALA LUMPUR: Ewein Bhd has entered into a sales and purchase agreement with Consortium Zenith BUCG Sdn Bhd to acquire a 4.43-acre freehold land in Penang for RM162mil. 

In a statement the company said its subsidiary Ewein Zenith II Sdn Bhd signed the agreement with Consortium Zenith for the land in Section 1, Bandar Tanjong Pinang, Penang. 

“The proposed acquisition is in line with Ewein’s strategy to increase its landbank in order to expand the Group’s revenue base, particularly in the property development division. In light of the strategic location of the land, which is in a matured and established prime area for residential and commercial purposes, the board opines that the said land is strategic for the future development of the Group,” said deputy chairman and group managing director Datuk Ewe Swee Kheng.

Ewein Zenith II is a 60%-subsidiary of Ewein Land Sdn Bhd, which in turn is a unit of Ewein. The remaining 40% is held by Consortium Zenith, a construction company that was awarded the works for the major roads project and the third link (tunnel) project in Penang by the State Government of Penang for RM6.3bil.
 
Once the sales and purchase agreement is executed, Ewein will deposit RM16.2mil as refundable deposit. The company will finance the acquisition via internally-generated funds and bank borrowings. 

The proposed acquisition is subject to shareholders’ approval at the upcoming EGM.

Ewein expects to complete the acquisition in the first half of 2016. The company plans to develop residential and commercial properties on the land. 
Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
Subscribe now to our Premium Plan for an ad-free and unlimited reading experience!

   

Next In Business News

Pos Malaysia appoints Raja Ahmad Hidzir as chief people officer
FBM KLCI to hit 1,560 by year-end on feel-good post-GE15 boost - Rakuten
ECB needs more rate hikes but inflation close to peak, chief economist says
Japanese shares end higher as chip stocks, exporters gain
Oil prices climb after Russian crude sanctions kick in
China stocks turn range bound, Hong Kong dips, as US data dulls hopes for slower Fed hikes
FBM KLCI drops on softer global sentiment
Proton's YTD sales surpass whole of 2021 by 10.4%
Australia central bank raises rates to 10-yr high, says more needed
Shares of NFOs recover in early trade

Others Also Read