GLOBAL MARKETS-Oil dips as Syria action uncertain; dollar rises on data
SE Asia Stocks-Indonesia gains after rate hikes, Philippines on Q2 GDP
WHAT IS HAPPENING IN MALAYSIA, IN TIMES LOCAL FOLLOWED BY GMT:
* See corporate earnings diary
* Second Finance Minister Ahmad Husni Hanadzlah attends Retirement Fund Incorporated 2012
financial results announcement, Nusantara Ballroom, Sheraton Imperial Hotel, Kuala Lumpur at 10
* Press conference by Plantation Industries and Commodities Minister Douglas Uggah Embas in
conjunction with the Malaysia-Indonesia 8th Joint Committee Council meeting on the commodity
sector, Function Room 9, Renaissance Hotel, Kuala Lumpur at 11 am (0300).
* Defence Minister Hishammuddin Hussein attends National Defence University of Malaysia
(UNPM) Aidilfitri Celebration 2013 at UNPM, Sungai Besi Camp at 10 am (0200).
* Prime Minister Najib Razak closes Business Ethics Train-the-Trainer Programme at Dewan
Integrity, Malaysian Institute of Integrity, Persiaran Duta, Kuala Lumpur at 11 am (0300).
* Deputy Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin attends Wanita Umno, Umno Youth and Puteri Umno
Aidilfitri open house at Merdeka Hall, 4th Floor, PWTC, Kuala Lumpur at 1400 (0600).
* Prime Minister Najib Razak attends Wanita Umno, Umno Youth and Puteri Umno Aidilfitri open
house at Merdeka Hall, 4th Floor, PWTC, Kuala Lumpur at 1415 (0615).
* Prime Minister Najib Razak chairs Umno Supreme Council meeting at 39th Floor, Menara Dato
Onn, Kuala Lumpr at 1515pm (0715)
* Prime Minister Najib Razak attends 2013 Merdeka Eve celebration at Maritime Centre,
Precinct 6, Putrajaya at 2300pm (1500).
> Nikkei snaps 3-day losing streak as Syria, emerging market concerns abate
> Wall St rises on economy, but Syria concerns limit gains
> Prices gain as investors eye month-end, long weekend
> Dollar hits 3-week high as U.S. data spurs Fed taper talk
> Gold falls after 5-day rise as Syria attack fears ease
> Oil slides as Syria action timeline pushed back
> Palm snaps six sessions of gains, but demand seen steady
MALAYSIA IN THE NEWS:
> Genting Q2 net profit down 12.8 pct, S'pore unit eyes Japan
> Malaysia's UEM Sunrise Q2 net profit slips
> Malaysian offshore rate swaps belie calm bond markets
> Malaysia says sales tax would take 14 months to implement
> Brazil's OGX shares plunge as Batista empire unravels - Reuters
Did you find this article insightful?