GLOBAL MARKETS-Dollar stronger on Fed bets, stocks fade
SE Asia Stocks-Thailand at 2-week highs; local selling hits Philippines
WHAT IS HAPPENING IN MALAYSIA, IN TIMES LOCAL FOLLOWED BY GMT:
* Chief Justice of Malaysia Arifin Zakaria delivers keynote address at the Malaysia Legal and Corporate Conference 2013 at Royale Chulan Hotel at 9.45am (0145 GMT).
* Tourism and Culture Minister Mohamed Nazri Abdul Aziz visits KL Hop On Hop Off City Tour product at Saloma Bistro restaurant, Jalan Ampang at 10am (0200 GMT).
* King Mswati III of Swaziland and Queen of Swaziland visit IRIS CORPoration Berhad at Technology Park, Bukit Jalil at 11am (0300 GMT).
* Federal Territories Minister Tengku Adnan Tengku Mansor delivers contribution of Kampong Bharu Ihya' Ramadhan programme at main prayer hall, Masjid Jamek Kampong Bharu, Jalan Raja Alang at 7.30pm (1130 GMT).
* Securities Commision Deputy Chief Executive Nik Ramlah Mahmood delivers keynote address at the Malaysia Investor Relations Awards 2013, Mahkota II, Ballroom Level, Hotel Istana, Jalan Raja Chulan, Kuala Lumpur at 12pm (0400 GMT).
* Astro Malaysia Holdings Bhd press conference after annual general meeting, Summit Room, Level 2, Mandarin Oriental Hotel, Jalan Pinang, Kuala Lumpur at 12 pm (0400 GMT)
* K & N KENANGA HOLDINGS BHD holds media briefing on third quarter market outlook, Level 20, Kenanga International, Jalan Sultan Ismail, Kuala Lumpur at 3 pm (0700 GMT).
* RHB Investment Bank signs collaborative agreement with PT Mandiri Sekuritas to jointly promote Malaysian Ringgit Bonds to Indonesian corporate clients, Malaya I, Level 1, Westin Hotel, Jalan Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur at 5.45 pm (0945 GMT).
> Tokyo's Nikkei share average closes up 1.78 pct
> Wall St slips in volatile session > Demand for cash sinks bill yields before payrolls > Dollar gains broadly on Fed view; upcoming U.S. jobs data eyed
> Gold steadies at session lows as dollar strengthens
> US oil vaults above $99 on Middle East worry, spread trad > Palm eases to 6-week low; output seen rising
MALAYSIA IN THE NEWS:
> Malaysian, Tanzanian firms sign $800 mln ammonia plant deal
> Iran's light oil exports surged in 2013-Fars
> China importers line up to take out LME copper stocks - trade
> Yingli Green Energy says to expand into Malaysia residential market [ID:nASA05JCJ ] > Indonesia's Sulawesi June cocoa exports rise 57 pct y/y -industry
> TAKE A LOOK-Asia c.banks: Australia keeps easing bias, talks down A$ > Fitch Affirms Malaysia's IOI at 'BBB+'; Outlook Stable - Reuters
We're sorry, this article is unavailable at the moment. If you wish to read this article, kindly contact our Customer Service team at 1-300-88-7827. Thank you for your patience - we're bringing you a new and improved experience soon!
What do you think of this article?