UEM-Najcom JV bags RM848mil hospital project


KUALA LUMPUR: Konsortium ProHawk Sdn Bhd, a special purpose vehicle and joint venture company of UEM Group Bhd and Najcom Sdn Bhd, has signed an agreement with the Government of Malaysia to build a 12-storey Women and Children Hospital.

Construction of the RM848mil project, located within the vicinity of Hospital Kuala Lumpur, will commence in September 2013, according to a statement by UEM Group here yesterday.

The 600-bed hospital project is targeted for completion by 2016.

UEM Group Bhd holds a 65% stake in Konsortium ProHawk while Najcom holds the remaining 35%.

On hand to witness the signing of the agreement was Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak.

Among the facilities to be built at the hospital include labour and delivery, creche/nursery, therapy services, specialist clinic, child development centre, paediatric specialist clinics, women health centre, neonatal intensive care uits, obstetric wards, emergency department, multi-level car park, cafeteria, shops and a 20-room hotel.

UEM Group is an engineering-based infrastructure group that is currently involved in several key national projects such as the Second Penang Bridge, KLIA 2 and MRT Corp’s MY Rapid Transit Viaduct Package V8 and Package S3.

Meanwhile, Najcom’s core business is construction and information technology.

In the construction sector, it has undertaken the development of new building and housing.

The company also specialises in restoration and conservation of heritage buildings and monuments. — Bernama

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
Subscribe now to our Premium Plan for an ad-free and unlimited reading experience!

Business , Business , uem , prohawk , najib

   

Next In Business News

U.S. weekly jobless claims edged lower last week
Govt channels RM20.94bil for wage subsidy programme as at July 29
Yinson inks MoU with Cyberview to develop smart mobility ecosystem in Cyberjaya
Bursa Malaysia onboards CGS-CIMB, Kenanga IB for shariah-compliant trading
Sunway REIT's outlook remains optimistic
Ringgit eases further as risk-off mode remains after Fed’s minutes
Gas Malaysia 2Q net profit surges 72%, declares 5.9 sen dividend
Dialog 4Q net profit drops 14% to RM118mil
AME Elite to develop industrial park in Penang with GDV of RM1bil
Bursa Malaysia ends lower for second consecutive day

Others Also Read