KUALA LUMPUR: Following is a list of events in Malaysia as well as news company-related and market news which could have an influence on the local market.
GLOBAL MARKETS-Shares advance on U.S. 'cliff' optimism; Japan vote hits yen
SE Asia Stocks-Most lower to flat on U.S. budget uncertainty
WHAT IS HAPPENING IN MALAYSIA, IN TIMES LOCAL FOLLOWED BY GMT:
* Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono in Malaysia for two days staring from Dec 18 for an annual meeting between the two countries.
* Second Finance Minister Ahmad Husni Hanadzlah launches Malaysian Business Angel Network, Shangri-La Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, 2.30 pm (0630 GMT)
* Rural and Regional Development Minister Shafie Apdal meets Felcra staff at Dewan Perdana Felda, Kuala Lumpur, 3.00 pm (0700 GMT)
> Nikkei rises, extending Monday's gains after LDP win
> US STOCKS-Optimism about 'cliff' boost market; financials lead
> FOREX-Yen steadies after plunge in wake of Japan election
> TREASURIES-Prices fall as hopes for fiscal deal dims safety bid
> Gold ends near flat, capped by US budget talks progress
> Brent dips, US crude rises on fiscal talks
> Palm gains, tracks soybean oil; weak exports cap gains
MALAYSIA IN THE NEWS:
> Malaysia's Khazanah to sell stake in Time Engineering
> Malaysia sets January crude palm oil export tax at zero percent
> Koc Holding consortium wins Turkey toll roads tender - Reuters
DIARY - Malaysia 8/12/12(Tuesday)
KUALA LUMPUR: The Malaysian Industry-Government Group for High Technology organises and workshop on rice security for Malaysia at KL Hilton Hotel, KL Sentral, Kuala Lumpur at 0845am (0045).
* KUALA LUMPUR - Technology Park Malaysia organises the Agarwood 2012 National Seminar and Exhibition at Resources Centre, Technology Park Malaysia, Bukit Jalil at 0845am (0045).
KUALA LUMPUR - Tenaga Nasional Bhd holds AGM at TNB Sports Complex, Jalan Pantai Baru, Kuala Lumpur at 1000am (0200).
* KUALA LUMPUR - Malaysia Convention and Exhibition Bureau's media briefing on plans to enhance Malaysia's position as the top destination for major events globally at Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur at 1000am (0200).
* KUALA LUMPUR - Media briefing by CIMB Bank on its facebook banking service at The Bee, Publika, Solaris Dutamas, Jalan Dutamas, Kuala Lumpur at 1000am (0200).
* PETALING JAYA - SEGI University Group signing of 30 new industry partners at Segi University, Kota Damansara, Petaling Jaya at 1030am (0230).
* PUTRAJAYA - Tenaganita Global Action for International Migrants Day to recognise domestic work at Human Resources Ministry, Putrajaya at 1100am (0300).
* KUALA LUMPUR - Information, Communications and Culture Minister Rais Yatim attends a 'morning with the minister' at Bunga Raya Cafe, Akademi Seni Budaya dan Warisan Kebangsaan (Aswara) at 1100am (0300), and launches Istana Busaya 2013 programmes at Istana Budaya, Kuala Lumpur at 1700pm (0900).
* KUALA LUMPUR - Second Finance Minister Ahmad Husni Hanadzlah launches Malaysian Business Angel Network at Shangri-La Hotel, Kuala Lumpur at 1430pm (0630).
* KUALA LUMPUR - Launching of book 'Quest for Architectural Excellence - A Malaysian Experience' by the late Prof Ruslan Khalid at Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre at 1500pm (0700).
* KUALA LUMPUR - Rural and Regional Development Minister Mohd Shafie Apdal meets Felcra staff at Dewan Perdana Felda, Jalan Semarak, Kuala Lumpur at 1500pm (0700).
* PUTRAJAYA - The 9th Malaysia-Indonesia Annual Consultation at Prime Minister's Office, Perdana Putra Building, Putrajaya:
- Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono meets Prime Minister Najib Razak at Prime Minister's Office at 1715pm (0915).
- Prime Minister Najb Razak and Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono chair the annual consultation at Prime Minister's Office at 1715pm (0915).
- Joint press conference at Multipurpose Hall at 1840pm (1040).
- Prime Minister Najib Razak hosts dinner in conjunction with the visit of Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono at Seri Perdana, Putrajaya at 2000pm (1200).
WEDNESDAY, DEC 19
* KUALA LUMPUR - Release of Nov 2012 Consumer Price Index.
* SHAH ALAM - Benaclec Holdings Bhd holds AGM at Holiday Inn KL, Shah Alam at 1000am (0200).
FRIDAY, DEC 21
* KUALA LUMPUR - Release of International Reserves as at 14 Dec 2012.
TUESDAY, DEC 25
* KUALA LUMPUR - Market and Public Holiday - Christmas Day.
MONDAY, DEC 31
* KUALA LUMPUR - Release of Nov 2012 MNoney Supply data.
NOTE: The inclusion of diary items does not necessarily mean that Reuters will file a story based on the event. - Reuters
Did you find this article insightful?