KUALA LUMPUR: Following is a list of events in Malaysia as well as news company-related and market news which could have an influence on the local market.
GLOBAL MARKETS-Shares, oil fall on fears of US 'fiscal cliff'
SE Asia Stocks-Mostly weak; Manila further slips below record peak
WHAT IS HAPPENING IN MALAYSIA, IN TIMES LOCAL FOLLOWED BY GMT:
* BiotechCorp announces partnership to improve healthcare for tropical diseases at Sheraton Imperial Hotel, Kuala Lumpur at 0930am (0130).
* Prime Minister Najib Razak receives courtesy visit by Thai Defence Minister Sukumpol Sawanatat at the Prime Minister's Office, at 1120am (0320), and attends East Coast Economic Region meeting at Special Meeting Room, Prime Minister's Office, Putrajaya at 1515pm (0715).
> Nikkei Dec futures, options seen settling at 9,720.36 -sources
> US STOCKS-S&P 500 ends 6-day winning streak on 'cliff' anxiety
> TREASURIES-Prices ease as 30-year auction mediocre
> FOREX-Yen on track for another sorry week as BOJ looms
> PRECIOUS-Gold falls as Fed fears prompt funds to liquidate positions
> Oil falls as fiscal cliffhanger fuels caution
> VEGOILS-Palm oil ends off 3-year low on stocks, U.S. fiscal woes
MALAYSIA IN THE NEWS:
> AIRASIA unveils $9.4 billion Airbus order
> Encana, PetroChina take $2.2 bln stab at joint venture
> Phillips considers sale of Irish, Malaysian refining stakes
> India Nov cooking oil imports drop by a third on the mth-trade
> Malaysia's Axiata buys Cambodia telco rival for $155 mln
> Petronas awards production sharing contract for Sabah block
> FEATURE-Malaysia's plan to dam its frontier for energy generates dismay - Reuters
DIARY - Malaysia 14/12/12 8:08:13(Friday)
ALL TIMES ARE PROVISIONAL AND IN LOCAL TIME FOLLOWED BY GMT IN BRACKETS
FRIDAY, DEC 14
* SEPANG - MALAYSIA AIRPORTS HOLDINGS BHD recruits more aviation security personnel at Bunga Raya Complex, KL International Airports, Sepang at 0800am (0000).
* PUTRAJAYA - AID presentation by Yayasan Tunku Abdul Rahman 2012 at Higher Education Ministry, No. 2 Tower 2, Jalan P5/6, Presint 5, Putrajaya at 0900am (0100).
* KUALA LUMPUR - NESTLE (M) BHD's continues commitment to the environment and ecosystems at Forest Research Institute Malaysia, Kepong at 0900am (0100).
* PETALING JAYA - Rural and Regional Development Minister Mohd Shafie Apdal launches "Apa Khabar Orang Kampung" programme at Sri Pentas, Bandar Utama at 0830am (0030).
* KUALA LUMPUR - BiotechCorp announces partnership to improve healthcare for tropical diseases at Sheraton Imperial Hotel, Kuala Lumpur at 0930am (0130).
* KUALA LUMPUR - Hwang Investment Management Bhd fixed income market outlook at Hwang IM Office, Menara Keck Seng, Jalan Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur at 1000am (0200).
* KUALA LUMPUR - BMW Group Malaysia media briefing at MINI Ingress Auto Bangsar, Jalan Maarof, Bangsar Baru, Kuala Lumpur at 1015am (0215).
* PETALING JAYA - Energy, Green Technology and Water Minister Peter Chin Fah Kui launches iProperty.com Real Deal Expo at Sunway Pyramid Convention Centre, Petaling Jaya at 1030am (0230).
* PUTRAJAYA - Prime Minister Najib Razak receives courtesy visit by Thai Defence Minister Sukumpol Sawanatat at the Prime Minister's Office, Putrajaya at 1120am (0320), and attends East Coast Economic Region meeting at Special Meeting Room, Prime Minister's Office, Putrajaya at 1515pm (0715).
* KUALA LUMPUR - K&N Kenanga Holdings Bhd's media briefing on the acquisition of ECM Libra Investment Bank Bhd at boardroom of K&N Kenanga, Kenanga International, Kuala Lumpur at 1130am (0330).
* KUALA LUMPUR - Minister in the Prime Minister's Department Jamil Khir Baharom attends opening of Abdul Rahman bin Auf Mosque at Batu 5 1/2, Japan Puchong at 1200pm (0400).
* KUALA LUMPUR - MMC Corp Bhd holds EGM at Istana Hotel, Kuala Lumpur at 1500pm (0700).
* KUALA LUMPUR - Domestic Trade, Cooperatives and Consumerism Minister Ismal Sabri Yaakob launches 'Back to School Sales 2012' at AEON Alpha Angle, Wangsa Maju at 1500pm (0700).
* KUALA SELANGOR - Agriculture and Agro-based Industry Minister Noh Omar opens Sungai Yu fishing pier at the fishing pier, Kuala Selangor at 1500pm (0700).
* PUTRAJAYA - Launching of 1Citizen Certification programme for institutions of higher learning at Higher Education Ministry, Presint 5, Putrajaya at 1945pm (1145).
* PETALING JAYA - NAZA Group's 2012 media appreciation night at Bubba Gump Shrimp Co Citta Mittal, Citta Mall, Jalan PJU 1A/48, Ara Damansara, Petaling Jaya at 2000pm (1200).
* KUALA LUMPUR - Prime Minister Najib Razak attends the Malaysian Medical Association dinner at Grand Hyatt Hotel, Jalan Pinang, Kuala Lumpur at 2030pm (1230).
MONDAY, DEC 17
* KUALA LUMPUR - Nomura Asia Equities 2013 Outlook Malaysia at Mandarin Oriental Hotel, Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur at 0900am (0100).
* PETALING JAYA - Nakamichi Corp Bhd holds EGM at Tropicana Golf & Country Resort, Petaling Jaya at 1100am (0300).
WEDNESDAY, DEC 19
* KUALA LUMPUR - Release of Nov 2012 Consumer Price Index At 1700pm (0900).
FRIDAY, DEC 21
* KUALA LUMPUR - Release of International Reserves as at 14 Dec 2012 at 1700pm (0900).
TUESDAY, DEC 25
* KUALA LUMPUR - Market and Public Holiday - Christmas Day.
MONDAY, DEC 31
* KUALA LUMPUR - Release of Nov 2012 Money Supply data.
NOTE: The inclusion of diary items does not necessarily mean that Reuters will file a story based on the event. - Reuters
VEGOILS-Market factors to watch Dec 14(Friday)
KUALA LUMPUR: The following factors are likely to influence Malaysian palm oil futures and other vegetable oil markets. FUNDAMENTALS
* Malaysian palm oil futures fell on Thursday to their lowest in more than three years, as record stocks and concerns that U.S. fiscal woes might drag on global growth spooked investors.
* Wheat futures extended a five-session decline and set a fresh five-month low on Thursday while corn futures fell for a sixth day as technical selling and sluggish export demand weighed on both markets.
* Oil prices fell on Thursday as worries about the economic impact of a U.S. fiscal crisis overshadowed improvements in U.S. jobs data and retail sales.
* Asian shares snapped a week-long winning streak on Friday, tracking global equities lower, on concerns that U.S. lawmakers are still too far apart to avert a fiscal crisis with an end-of-year deadline looming.
* Commodities fell broadly on Thursday, with oil and key metals markets ending down, as a U.S. fiscal deal seen crucial for preventing a recession in 2013 remained elusive before the year-end deadline.
> US soy processors' windfall profits seen fading by early 2013
> NOPA November US soy crush seen at 157.343 mln bushels
> Brazil ports starved of investment, buried in red tape-group
> Cargill expands rail service at Kansas grain elevator
> U.S. drought expands in many farm states
> India Nov cooking oil imports drop by a third on the mth -trade
> India Nov refined palm oil imports up 24.3 pct m/m -trade
> Cargo surveyor Intertek Testing Services to issue Dec. 1-15 export data on Saturday. Another cargo surveyor Societe Generale de Surveillance to issue export data on Monday.
> Malaysia crude palm oil export tax to be formalised in a gazette to be issued on Dec. 17 - Reuters
We're sorry, this article is unavailable at the moment. If you wish to read this article, kindly contact our Customer Service team at 1-300-88-7827. Thank you for your patience - we're bringing you a new and improved experience soon!
What do you think of this article?