KUALA LUMPUR: Following is a list of events in Malaysia as well as news company-related and market news which could have an influence on the local market Wednesday.
Stocks, euro rise on German data; U.S. fiscal talks eyed
Philippine index at all-time closing high
WHAT IS HAPPENING IN MALAYSIA, IN TIMES LOCAL FOLLOWED BY GMT:
* Telekom Malaysia Bhd signs memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Department of Skills Development, Human Resources Ministry at TM Convention Centre, Kuala Lumpur at 1440pm (0600).
* Agriculture and Agro-based Industry Minister Noh Omar witnesses the signing ceremony between the leading companies of the National Key Economic Areas (NKEA) in agriculture at Farmers' Organisation Authority Tower, Kuala Lumpur at 1415pm (0615).
> Nikkei rises to 7-1/2 month high as weak yen boosts exporters
> US STOCKS-Big tech boosts S&P 500 to best close since election
> TREASURIES OUTLOOK-Prices drop on U.S., Europe hopes; Fed eyed
> FOREX-Dollar on defensive as market eyes Fed stimulus
> PRECIOUS-Gold edges down on U.S. budget hopes before FOMC
> Oil up on OPEC output decline, ahead of group's meeting
> VEGOILS-Palm oil closes lower as record stocks weigh
MALAYSIA IN THE NEWS:
> USTR Kirk optimistic Trans-Pacific talks can finish in 2013
> Palm prices to rise soon on strong export demand- Oil World
> Islamic banking expansion aided by ADB grant
> Khazanah to sell up to $133 mln of stake in Tenaga Nasional
> Malaysia crude palm oil export tax seen at zero for Jan
> Indonesia trade ministry: not backing palm tax change
> Lynas says Malaysia operating license remains valid
> Malaysia's Oct factory output jumps led by mining. - Reuters
DIARY - Malaysia 12/12/12(Wednesday)
ALL TIMES ARE PROVISIONAL AND IN LOCAL TIME FOLLOWED BY GMT IN BRACKETS
WEDNESDAY, DEC 12
* KUALA LUMPUR - Deputy Information, Communications and Culture Minister Joseph Salang delivers keynote and launches the 2nd Annual Personel Data Perfection Conference at the Royale Chulan Hotel, Kuala Lumpur at 0830am (0030).
* KUALA LUMPUR - International Trade and industry Ministry secretary-general Rebecca Fatima Sta Maria launches ministry-level reading campaign at Block 10, the ministry (MITI), Jalan Duta, Kuala Lumpur at 0900am (0100).
* KUALA LUMPUR - Prime Minister's wife Rosmah Mansor attends Women Directors Convention 2012 at JW Marriott Hotel, Kuala Lumpur at 1000am (0200).
* KUALA LUMPUR - Telekom Malaysia Bhd signs memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Department of Skills Development, Human Resources Ministry at TM Convention Centre, Jalan Pantai Baharu, Kuala Lumpur at 1440pm (0600).
* KUALA LUMPUR - Agriculture and Agro-based Industry Minister Noh Omar witnesses the signing ceremony between the leading companies of the National Key Economic Areas (NKEA) in agriculture at Farmers' Organisation Authority Tower, Jalan Sultan Salehuddin, Kuala Lumpur at 1415pm (0615).
*KUALA LUMPUR - Malaysia Institute of Estate Agents press conference on The Malaysia Property Outlook for 2013 at Sime Darby Convention Centre, Kuala Lumpur at 1500pm (0700).
* KUALA LUMPUR - Former prime minister Mahathir Mohamad attends dinner to celebrate 30 years implementation of the Look East Policy organised by the Public Service Department at Putra World Trade Centre, Kuala Lumpur at 2000pm (1200).
THURSDAY, DEC 13
* KUALA LUMPUR - Standard Chartered Inks memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Institute of Bankers Malaysia at Sasana Kijang, Bank Negara Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur at 0900am (0100).
* PETALING JAYA - KUB Agrotech signs memorandum of understanding (MoU) to Develop Palm Oil Mill at Singgahsana Hotel, Petaling Jaya at 0930am (0130).
* KUALA LUMPUR - Axis Real Estate Investment Trust meeting with unit holders at the Westin Hotel, Kuala Lumpur at 1000am (0200).
* KUALA LUMPUR - Mycron Steel Bhd holds AGM at Bukit Kiara Equestrian & Country Resort, Jalan Bukit Kiara, Kuala Lumpur at 1000am (0200).
* SHAH ALAM - Bina Goodyear Bhd holds AGM at The Saujana KL, Saujana Resort, Shah Alam at 1000am (0200).
* MALACCA - Jaycorp Bhd holds AGM at Renaissance Malacca Hotel, Jalan Bendahara, Malacca at 1030am (0230).
* KUALA LUMPUR - Melewar Industrial Group Bhd holds AGM at Bukit Kiara Equestrian & Country Resort, Jalan Bukit Kiara, Kuala Lumpur at 1200pm (0400).
* SHAH ALAM - SSIC Bhd organising Selangor science innovation & technology exhibition and media launching of Sitex Selangor 2013 at SSIC Bhd, F1-2-G, City Park, i-City, Shah Alam at 1200pm (0400).
* KUALA LUMPUR - Chevrolet Malaysia launches versatile new MPV-The Orlando at Naza Quest, Jalan Ampang, Lot 4258, Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur at 1400pm (0600).
* PETALING JAYA - SEGI College organising getting to zero HIV/AIDs awareness campaign at Jaya One, Petaling Jaya at 1500pm (0700).
FRIDAY, DEC 14
* KUALA LUMPUR - Hwang Investment Management Bhd fixed income market outlook at Hwang IM Office, Menara Keck Seng, Jalan Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur at 1000am (0200).
WEDNESDAY, DEC 19
* KUALA LUMPUR - Release of Nov 2012 Consumer Price Index.
FRIDAY, DEC 21
* KUALA LUMPUR - Release of International Reserves as at 14 Dec 2012.
TUESDAY, DEC 25 * KUALA LUMPUR - Market and Public Holiday - Christmas Day.
MONDAY, DEC 31
* KUALA LUMPUR - Release of Nov 2012 Money Supply data.
NOTE: The inclusion of diary items does not necessarily mean that Reuters will file a story based on the event. - Reuters
VEGOILS-Market factors to watch Dec 12(Wednesday)
KUALA LUMPUR: The following factors are likely to influence Malaysian palm oil futures and other vegetable oil markets.
* Malaysian palm oil futures ended lower on Tuesday, as traders priced in record stocks in the world's second-largest producer of the edible oil.
* U.S. wheat futures fell to a five-month low on Tuesday after the U.S. Department of Agriculture raised its forecasts for U.S. and global wheat inventories to levels that topped trade expectations.
* Oil futures rose modestly on Tuesday after OPEC said its members pumped less oil last month and as a weaker U.S. currency helped to firm dollar-denominated commodity prices.
* Asian shares rose as strong overnight performances in global equities and firmer economic sentiment in Germany buoyed sentiment, while the dollar was pressured ahead of the outcome of the U.S. Federal Reserve's policy meeting later in the day.
* Oil prices rose for a second straight day on Tuesday, helping commodities edge higher, on news of lower output from oil producer group OPEC and copper fell as disappointing U.S. trade deficit data sparked profit-taking.
> Better grain export infrastructure an urgent need - Bunge CEO
> US Midwest soy basis bids up on slow sales, low futures
> Argentine crushers low on soybeans, new supply months away
> UN lowers 2013 Latam growth view, sees pick-up vs 2012
> US, world wheat stocks swell, USDA says; prices slide
> Palm prices to rise soon on strong export demand- Oil World > Growth in global biodiesel output weakening- Oil World
> PREVIEW-India's Nov palm oil imports seen down on month
> Malaysia crude palm oil export tax seen at zero for Jan. - Reuters