KUALA LUMPUR: Following is a list of events in Malaysia as well as news company-related and market news which could have an influence on the local market.
GLOBAL MARKETS-US deadlock, data cap stocks; euro gains
SE Asia Stocks-Bangkok at 16-1/2 year high; Jakarta near 8-week low
WHAT IS HAPPENING IN MALAYSIA, IN TIMES LOCAL FOLLOWED BY GMT:
* Deputy Minister of International Trade and Industry Datuk Mukhriz Mahathir officiates 'Mestika Heritage Island,' Dewan State, Palace of the Golden Horses, Seri Kembangan at 9 am (0100GMT)
* The Media Shoppe Bhd holds EGM at Bukit Kiara Equestrian & Country Resort, Jalan Bukit Kiara, Kuala Lumpur at 0900am (0100GMT)
* The Japanese Chamber of Trade & Industry, Malaysia (JACTIM) Foundation 2012 financial grant for "Japan Studies Programme" at Art Gallery, Chancellery Building, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur at 1000am (0200)
* Toyo Ink Group Bhd holds EGM at Royal Selangor Club, Kiara Sports Annex, Jalan Bukit Kiara, Kuala Lumpur at 1000am (0200)
* Stemlife Bhd holds EGM at Impiana KLCC Hotel, Jalan Pinang, Kuala Lumpur at 1030am (0230)
* Nomura 2013 fixed income outlook at Mandarin Oriental Hotel, Kuala Lumpur at 1030am (0230)
* Securities Commission's Public Lecture By Iqbal Khan on "Markets, Our Values - A Principles-based Approach to Creating Value in Muslim Majority Markets," SC Building, Bukit Kiara at 2 pm (0800GMT)
* Minister in the Prime Minister's Department Tan Sri Nor Mohamed Yakcop officiates eight-colour printing machine by Percetakan Nasional Malaysia Bhd, Jln Chan Sow Lin at 245 pm (0815GMT)
* Prime Minister Najib Razak to grace 2012 Meedeka Award presentation ceremony at Dewan Filharmonik Petronas, Petronas Twin Towers, Kuala Lumpur City Centre at 1900pm (1100).
> Japan's Nikkei set to rise on China PMI, weaker yen
> Wall St ends flat as 'fiscal cliff' focus lingers
> Prices flat as profit-taking offsets month-end buying
> Euro subdued, China data cheers Aussie dlr
> Gold down for day and month on U.S. fiscal worries
> Oil posts first monthly rise since August
> Palm oil slips on investor caution, suffers third monthly loss
MALAYSIA IN THE NEWS:
> Malaysia PM uses Romney defeat to warn divided party
> Sharp agrees to sell TV plants to Hon Hai for $667 mln
> ASEAN chief voices alarm at China plan to board ships in disputed waters
> On CNOOC-Nexen deal, Canada minister points to investment pact
> Malaysia's Petronas makes gas discoveries offshore Sarawak
> INTERVIEW-Indonesia's SMART sees 2013 palm oil output rising by up to 10 pct - Reuters
DIARY - Malaysia 03/12/12(Monday)
ALL TIMES ARE PROVISIONAL AND IN LOCAL TIME FOLLOWED BY GMT IN BRACKETS
MONDAY, DEC 3
* PUTRAJAYA - Prime Minister Najib Razak attends the monthly gathering of the Prime Minister's Department (JPM) and launches JPM Gaza Fund at Dataran Perdana Putra, Putrajaya at 0815am (0015), attends TalentCorp meeting at Prime Minister's Office, Putrajaya at 1100am (0300), attends programme in conjunction with Solidarity Day with the Palestinian People at Putrajaya International Convention Centre (PICC), Putrajaya at 1300pm (0500), and attends 2012 Petronas Merdeka Awards ceremony at Petronas Filharmonik Hall, Petronas Twin Towers, Kuala Lumpur City Centre at 2030pm (1230).
* KUALA LUMPUR - The Media Shoppe Bhd holds EGM at Bukit Kiara Equestrian & Country Resort, Jalan Bukit Kiara, Kuala Lumpur at 0900am (0100).
* KUALA LUMPUR - The Japanese Chamber of Trade & Industry, Malaysia (JACTIM) Foundation 2012 financial grant for "Japan Studies Programme" at Art Gallery, Chancellery Building, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur at 1000am (0200).
* KUALA LUMPUR - Toyo Ink Group Bhd holds EGM at Royal Selangor Club, Kiara Sports Annex, Jalan Bukit Kiara, Kuala Lumpur at 1000am (0200).
* KUALA LUMPUR - Stemlife Bhd holds EGM at Impiana KLCC Hotel, Jalan Pinang, Kuala Lumpur at 1030am (0230).
* KUALA LUMPUR - Nomura 2013 fixed income outlook at Mandarin Oriental Hotel, Kuala Lumpur at 1030am (0230).
* KUALA LUMPUR - Information, Communications and Culture Minister Rais Yatim attends National Archives 55th anniversary celebration at the National Archives of Malaysia, Jala Duta, Kuala Lumpur at 1045am (0245), and attends the finals of National 'Bintang P. Ramlee' competition at Auditorium Perdana, Angkasapuri, Kuala Lumpur at 2030pm (1230).
* KUALA LUMPUR - Minister in the Prime Minister's Department Jamil Khir Baharom officiates at Kuala Lummpur Syariah Crime Prevention Campaign at Sungai Besi Toll Plaza, Sungai Besi at 1145am (0345).
* KUALA LUMPUR - Defence Minister Ahmad Zahid Hamidi receives courtesy call from Italy Ambassador, Mario Sammart at Minister of Defence office, Jalan Padang Tembak, Kuala Lumpur at 1400pm (0600).
* PENANG - Intel Malaysia back2school 2012 media conference at Intel PG12, Hlm Kampung Jawa, Free Zon Industrial Area, Fasa 3, Penang at 1500pm (0700).
* KUALA LUMPUR - The Securities Commission Malaysia organises a public lecture by Iqbal Khan entitled 'Our Markets, Our Values - A principles-based approach to creating value in Muslim majority markets', at the Securities Commission Malaysia, Persiaran Bukit Kiara, Kuala Lumpur at 1400pm (0600).
* KUALA LUMPUR - Former prime minister Mahathir Mohamad attends Senate President Dinner to celebrate Senate members who completed service at Parliament Building at 2000pm (1200).
TUESDAY, DEC 4
* SHAH ALAM - Domino's International bullish on Asia-Pacific outlook at Domino's Pizza Malaysia corporate headquarters, Jalan Kontraktor, Shah Alam at 1030am (0230).
KUALA LUMPUR - ICAEW South-East Asia Economic Insight launch and special lunch briefing at Hilton Hotel KL, Sentral Kuala Lumpur at 1200pm (0400).
* JOHOR BARU - Signing of agreement between Country Garden Properties (M) Sdn Bhd and Iskandar Waterfront Holding Sdn Bhd at Danga Bay Convention Centre, Johor Baru at 1600pm (0800).
* JOHOR BARU - 8th World Islamic Economic forum at Persada Johor International Convention Centre, Johor Baru at 2030pm (1230).
WEDNESDAY, DEC 5
* SUBANG JAYA - Asia Media Group Bhd holds EGM at Holiday Villa Hotel and Suites Subang, Subang Jaya at 0900am (0100).
* JOHOR BARU - 8th World Islamic Economic Forum at Persada Johor International Convention Centre, Johor Baru at 2030pm (1230).
THURSDAY, DEC 6
* SHAH ALAM - Gamuda Bhd holds AGM at Permai Golf 7 & Country Club, Kota Kemuning, Shah Alam at 1000am (0200).
FRIDAY, DEC 7
* KUALA LUMPUR - Release of International Reserves as at 30 Nov 2012 and Oct 2012 External Trade data.
* SUBANG - The Establishment of the Disaster Emergency Logistic System for Asean and the first anniversary of the establishment of the AHA Centre at Bangunan Pergerakan Udara, Pengkalan Udara TUDM, Subang at 0900am (0100).
TUESDAY, DEC 11
* KUALA LUMPUR - Release of Oct 2012 Index of Industrial Production (IPI) and Oct 2012 Manufacturing Sales.
WEDNESDAY, DEC 19
* KUALA LUMPUR - Release of Nov 2012 Consumer Price Index.
FRIDAY, DEC 21
* KUALA LUMPUR - Release of International Reserves as at 14 Dec 2012.
TUESDAY, DEC 25
* KUALA LUMPUR - Market and Public Holiday - Christmas Day.
MONDAY, DEC 31
* KUALA LUMPUR - Release of Nov 2012 MNoney Supply data.
NOTE: The inclusion of diary items does not necessarily mean that Reuters will file a story based on the event. - Reuters
VEGOILS-Market factors to watch Dec 3 - Monday
KUALA LUMPUR: The following factors are likely to influence Malaysian palm oil futures and other vegetable oil markets on Monday.
* Malaysian palm oil futures edged lower on Friday and posted their third straight monthly loss, with investors staying cautious after top analysts warned that record high stocks would weigh on prices in the new year.
* U.S. wheat futures tumbled more than 2 percent on Friday, concluding their biggest two-month slide in a year as weak U.S. exports and large deliveries fueled selling after a run-up in prices earlier in the week.
* Oil rose on Friday, notching its first monthly gain since August, as the market continued to balance risks to demand from the U.S. budget standoff against concerns about disruption to Middle East supplies.
* Major stock market indexes closed little changed and Treasury yields slipped on Friday as concern about the stalemate in crucial U.S. budget talks added to worries about slowing economic growth in the world's largest economy, though the euro rose on the European outlook.
* Oil and copper closed both Friday and November's trading up on supply worries and stronger demand, while other commodities fell amid worries U.S. lawmakers were still far from a budget deal seen crucial for preventing a recession in the No.1 economy.
> Palm oil prices set for a volatile 2013 in oversupplied market
> Malaysia's November palm oil exports up 5.2 pct -SGS
> SMART sees 2013 palm oil output rising by up to 10 pct
> Malaysia's November palm oil exports up 3.9 pct-ITS
> Palm oil prices set for a volatile 2013 in oversupplied market
> Gabon to become palm oil exporter by 2020 - minister
> Global food prices stable but still high -World Bank
> Cargill cuts barge draft due to low Mississippi River - Reuters