KUALA LUMPUR: Following is a list of events in Malaysia as well as news company-related and market news which could have an influence on the local market. GLOBAL MARKETS-Shares rebound, oil slips on Gaza cease-fire
SE Asia Stocks-Philippines at record high; U.S. fiscal hopes help
WHAT IS HAPPENING IN MALAYSIA, IN TIMES LOCAL FOLLOWED BY GMT:
* Elk-Desa Resources Bhd launch of prospectus at Menara MIDF, Kuala Lumpur at 0930am (0130).
* WCT Bhd holds EGM at Hicom-Glenmarie Industrial Park, Shah Alam at 1015am (0215).
* Iskandar Investment Bhd (Medini Development Sdn Bhd) and UM Land Bhd (Lextrend Sdn Bhd) lease purchase agreement signing at Double Tree Hilton, Kuala Lumpur at 1030am (0230).
* Parkson Holdings Bhd holds AGM at Office Tower, Jalan Nagasari, at 1030am (0230).
* Bolton Bhd signing ceremony and press conference between Bolton Bhd, Danajamin Nasional Bhd, Affin Investment Bank Bhd and Affin Bank at Grand Dorsett Subang, at 1400pm (0600).
> Nikkei hits 2-month high, led by exporters as yen slips
> Bernanke's 'cliff' comments break two-day rally
> Prices down on fiscal hopes, before supply
> Yen hits 7-month low, euro helped by Greece hopes
> Gold down on Gaza ceasefire hope, Bernanke comments
> Oil drops as Gaza truce seen; losses pared on API data
> Palm oil slips, off more than 2-wk high on slowing exports
MALAYSIA IN THE NEWS:
> Important issues remain on CNOOC bid for Nexen -source
> Petronas extends closing date on Progress deal to Dec 30
> Malaysia's CIMB Q3 net profit up 12.9 percent
> India edible oil complex displays mixed trade
> Obama urges restraint in tense Asian disputes
> Malaysia's 135,000 bpd oilfield starts production - Shell
> Malaysia's Ekuinas plans to list oil service unit by 2014
> Malaysian Airlines up $1.73 bln bond to buy new Airbus
> Lynas sets date for Malaysia rare earths output amid protests - Reuters
DIARY - Malaysia 21/11/12(Wednesday)
ALL TIMES ARE PROVISIONAL AND IN LOCAL TIME FOLLOWED BY GMT IN BRACKETS
WEDNESDAY, NOV 21
* KUALA LUMPUR - Asian Strategy & Leadership Institute invites to Malaysian Railways and MRT Conference 2012 at Sunway Putra Hotel, Kuala Lumpur at 0800am (0000).
* KUALA LUMPUR - Deputy Finance Minister Awang Adek Hussin opens Third AMAN Union annual meeting at Mandarin Oriental Hotel, Kuala Lumpur at 0830am (0030).
* KUALA LUMPUR - SIRIM organises National Quality Summit 2012 at Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre at 0830am (0030).
* SUBANG - Transparency International-Malaysia launch of the documentary-hacking at harmony: Tasik Chini An Acosystem on the Brink and forum on Threatened Forest Sites in Malaysia at Grand Dorsett Subang Hotel at 0830am (0030).
* KUALA LUMPUR - ELK-Desa Resources Bhd launch of prospectus at Menara MIDF, Jalan Raja Chulan, Kuala Lumpur at 0930am (0130).
* KUALA LUMPUR - Federal Territories and Urban Well-being Minister Raja Nong Chik Raja Zainal Abidin opens Jalan Tun Razak/ Jalan Pudu/ Jalan Cheras/ Jalan Chan Sow Lin elevated interchange at Jalan Tun Razak flyover at 0930am (0130).
* PETALING JAYA - Ancom Logistics Bhd holds AGM at PJ Hilton Hotel, Petaling Jaya at 1000am (0200).
* SHAH ALAM - WCT Bhd holds EGM at 12, Jalan Majistret, Lot 44, Hicom-Glenmarie Industrial Park, Shah Alam at 1015am (0215).
* KUALA LUMPUR - CIMB Group chief executive officer (CEO) Nazir Razak signs corporate adoption of CIMB-Principal's new private retirement schemes at Grand Hyatt, Jalan Pinang, Kuala Lumpur at 1030am (0230).
* KUALA LUMPUR - Iskandar Investment Bhd (Medini Development Sdn Bhd) and UM Land Bhd (Lextrend Sdn Bhd) lease purchase agreement signing at Double Tree Hilton, Kuala Lumpur at 1030am (0230).
* PETALING JAYA - Information, Communications and Culture Minister Rais Yatim delivers keynote address at School of Tomorrow: Empowering Lifelong Learners International Conference at Sunway Lagoon Resort Hotel, Petaling Jaya at 1030am (0230).
* KUALA LUMPUR - Parkson Holdings Bhd holds AGM at Office Tower, Jalan Nagasari, Off Jalan Raja Chulan at 1030am (0230).
* KUALA LUMPUR - Education Director-General Abdul Ghafar Mahmud closes the International Convention on Teacher Learning Development at Pearl International Hotel, Jalan Klang lama, Kuala Lumpur at 1200pm (0400).
* SUBANG JAYA - Bolton Bhd signing ceremony and press conference between Bolton Bhd, Danajamin Nasional Bhd, Affin Investment Bank Bhd and Affin Bank at Grand Dorsett Subang, Subang Jaya at 1400pm (0600).
KUALA LUMPUR - Dinner Reception in conjunction with Malaysia-Japan Collaboration Seminar on 'Flood Disaster Prevention' at Ambassador's Residence, No. 5, Jalan Langgak Golf, Kuala Lumpur at 1930pm (1130).
* PUTRAJAYA - Prime Minister Najib Razak attends Human Resources Ministry 1Malaysia Deepavali open house at Dewan Puspanitapuri, Presint 10, Putrajaya at 2030pm (1230).
THURSDAY, NOV 22
KUALA LUMPUR - Release of International Reserves as at 14 Nov 2012 at 1700pm (0900).
* KUALA LUMPUR - Conference on the Services Sector & Launch of the Services Guidebook graced by International Trade and Industry Minister Mustapa Mohamed at Berjaya Times Square Hotel, Kuala Lumpur at 0800am (0000).
FRIDAY NOV 23 * KUALA LUMPUR - Silk Holdings Bhd holds AGM at Bukit Kiara Equestrian & Country Resort, Jalan Bukit Kiara at 1000am (0200).
KUALA LUMPUR - Release of Oct 2012 Consumer Price Index at 1700pm (0900).
FRIDAY, NOV 30
KUALA LUMPUR - Release of Oct 2012 Money Supply data.
FRIDAY, DEC 7
KUALA LUMPUR - Release of International Reserves as at 30 Nov 2012 and Oct 2012 External Trade data.
TUESDAY, DEC 11
KUALA LUMPUR - Release of Oct 2012 Index of Industrial Production (IPI) and Oct 2012 Manufacturing Sales.
WEDNESDAY, DEC 19
KUALA LUMPUR - Release of Nov 2012 Consumer Price Index.
FRIDAY, DEC 21
KUALA LUMPUR - Release of International Reserves as at 14 Dec 2012.
TUESDAY, DEC 25
KUALA LUMPUR - Market and Public Holiday - Christmas Day.
MONDAY, DEC 31
KUALA LUMPUR - Release of Nov 2012 Money Supply data.
NOTE: The inclusion of diary items does not necessarily mean that Reuters will file a story based on the event. - Reuters
VEGOILS-Market factors to watch Nov 21(Wednesday)
KUALA LUMPUR: The following factors are likely to influence Malaysian palm oil futures and other vegetable oil markets on Wednesday.
* Malaysian palm oil futures edged lower on Tuesday, as investors booked profits after the contract hit a more than two week high earlier in the day and as export demand continued to show signs of slowing.
* Chicago corn climbed to its third straight gain on Tuesday, boosted by tight cash markets and technical buying, and wheat followed on deepening concerns about dry crop conditions.
* Oil fell from a one-month high on Tuesday amid signs of a ceasefire that would end a week of rocket attacks and air strikes between Palestinians and Israelis.
* World shares rebounded and oil prices fell on Tuesday on news of a possible Egyptian-brokered cease-fire in the Gaza conflict, but comments by Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke about the potential impact of the U.S. "fiscal cliff" rattled investors, causing Wall Street to close flat.
* Oil fell more than 2 percent on Tuesday, retreating from a one-month peak as investors took risk premium out of the market after a Hamas official announced that militants from the Gaza Strip and Israel had agreed to a ceasefire brokered by Egypt.
> Commodity trader Olam battles Muddy Waters accounting claims
> Argentina's Fernandez faces her first general strike
> Noble plans soy-crushing plant in Paraguay - industry group
> ANALYSIS-High speed traders jolt U.S. grain trade
> Organic farmers condemn US report, claim it favors GMO
> Oil World cuts Argentine and Brazilian soybean crop forecasts - Reuters
Did you find this article insightful?