KUALA LUMPUR: Following is a list of events in Malaysia as well as news company-related andmarket news which could have an influence on the local market. GLOBAL MARKETS-Weaker growth, debt concerns prompt lower stocks
SE Asia Stocks-Bumi leads Indonesia to 1-week low; Malaysia drops
WHAT IS HAPPENING IN MALAYSIA, IN TIMES LOCAL FOLLOWED BY GMT:
* Former Prime Minister Tun Abdullah Ahmad Badawi opens "Household Income Gap:Issues and Challenges " seminar at Dewan Besar, Institute of Islamic Understanding (IKIM), 9.00AM(0100)
* Federal Territories and Urban Wellbeing Minister Datuk Raja Nong Chik Raja Zainal Abidin opens 4th Conference on World Class Sustainable Cities 2012 at Dewan Mayangsari Room , JW Marriott 12pm(1000).
> Nikkei weakens after German data, Caterpillar forecast
> Wall St drops after Caterpillar forecast, German data
> Yields fall as Germany sparks growth concerns
> Euro declines to more than one-week low vs dollar, yen
> Gold falls on weak commodities, option expiry eyed
> Oil falls as weak German data weighs on outlook
> Palm oil drops to 2-year low on rising stocks, weak U.S. soy
MALAYSIA IN THE NEWS:
> GE Oil & Gas to supply compressor technology to Petronas for floating LNG facility
> Malaysia's SapuraKencana posts Q2 net profit of 176.52 mln ringgit
> Malaysia's c.bank reserves at $135.3 bln on Sept 14 Diary
DIARY - Malaysia
KUALA LUMPUR: ALL TIMES ARE PROVISIONAL AND IN LOCAL TIME FOLLOWED BY GMT IN BRACKETS
TUESDAY, SEP 25
* KUALA LUMPUR - Malaysia External Trade Development Corp seminar on 'Business Opportunities in Qatar at Menara Matrade, Kuala Lumpur at 0900am (0100).
* KUALA LUMPUR - Former prime minister Abdullah Ahmad Badawi opens "Household Income Gap: Issues and Challenges" at Institut of Islamic Understanding (IKIM), Kuala Lumpur at 0900am (0100).
PETALING JAYA - Deputy International Trade and Industry Minister Jacob Dungau Sagan opens 10th Conference on Status and Outlook of the Malaysian Iron & Steel Industry at Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa, Petaling Jaya at 0900am (0100).
* KUALA LUMPUR - Pos Malaysia Bhd holds media preview of new stamps collection on Malaysia Festive Series II at Pos Malaysia Headquarters, Kuala Lumpur at 1000am (0200).
KUALA LUMPUR - Halfest 2012 - PPIM and DPMM collaborate to support Halal Micro Entreprise at Putra World Trade Centre at 1030am (0230).
SUBANG JAYA - Hing Yiap Group Bhd holds AGM at Grand Dorsett Subang Hotel, Subang Jaya at 1100am (0300).
* KUALA LUMPUR - MyLED Opto Technology seals LED contract worth 800 mln rgt at The Westin Hotel at 1115am (0315).
* KLANG, SELANGOR - Ministry of International Trade and Industry's official visit to Top Glove Corp Bhd at Lot 4969, Jalan Teratai, Batu 6 , Klang at 1230pm (0430).
* KUALA LUMPUR - Federal Territories and Urban Wellbeing Minister Raja Nong Chik Raja Zainal Abidin opens 4th Conference on World Class Sustainable Cities 2012 at JW Marriot Hotel, Kuala Lumpur at 1200pm (0400), and launches Asean Oil and Gas Expo 2012 at Prince Hotel & Residence, Kuala Lumpur at 1345pm (0545).
* PETALING JAYA - Malaysian Retailer-Chains Association (MRCA)holds press conference on MRCA Class Series at Sunway Pyramid, Bandar Sunway, Petaling Jaya at 1300pm (0500).
* KUALA LUMPUR - MNRB Holdings Bhd holds AGM at Malaysian Re Building, Damansara Heights, Kuala Lumpur at 1500pm (0700).
KUALA LUMPUR - Petronas Dagangan Bhd launches 1,001st Petronas Station at Lot 6318, Wangsa Maju, Setapak, Kuala Lumpur at 2000pm (1200).
WEDNESDAY, SEP 26
* KUALA LUMPUR - International Malaysia Law Conference 2012 at Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre (to Sept 28).
THURSDAY, SEP 27
* KUALA LUMPUR - Bank Negara Malaysia Governor, Zeti Akhtar Aziz delivers keynote address at Seminar on RMB Settlement for Trade and Investment in Malaysia: Future Prospects at Sasana Kijang, Bank Negara Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur at 0915am (0115).
FRIDAY, SEP 28
KUALA LUMPUR - Release of Aug 2012 Money Supply data
FRIDAY, OCT 5
KUALA LUMPUR - Release of International Reserves as at 28 Sep 2012 and Aug 2012 External Trade data.
THURSDAY, OCT 11
KUALA LUMPUR - Release of Aug 2012 Index of Industrial Production (IPI) and Aug 2012 Manufacturing Sales.
WEDNESDAY, OCT 17
KUALA LUMPUR - Release of Sep 2012 Consumer Price Index.
MONDAY, OCT 22
KUALA LUMPUR - Release of International Reserves as at 15 Oct 2012
FRIDAY, OCT 26
KUALA LUMPUR - Market and Public Holiday - Aidil Adha.
WEDNESDAY, OCT 31
KUALA LUMPUR - Release of Sep 2012 Money Supply data
WEDNESDAY, NOV 7
KUALA LUMPUR - Release of International Reserves as at 31 Oct 2012
THURSDAY, NOV 8
KUALA LUMPUR - Monetary Policy Statement and release of Sep 2012 Index of Industrial Production (IPI) and Sep 2012 Manufacturing Sales.
FRIDAY, NOV 9
KUALA LUMPUR - Release of Sep 2012 External Trade data.
TUESDAY, NOV 13
KUALA LUMPUR - Market and Public Holiday - Deepavali
THURSDAY, NOV 15
KUALA LUMPUR - Market and Public Holiday - Moslem New Year.
FRIDAY, NOV 16
KUALA LUMPUR - Release of 3rd Quarter 2012 GDP.
WEDNESDAY, NOV 21
KUALA LUMPUR - Release of Oct 2012 Consumer Price Index.
THURSDAY, NOV 22
KUALA LUMPUR - Release of International Reserves as at 14 Nov 2012
FRIDAY, NOV 30
KUALA LUMPUR - Release of Oct 2012 Money Supply data
FRIDAY, DEC 7
KUALA LUMPUR - Release of International Reserves as at 30 Nov 2012 and Oct 2012 External Trade data.
TUESDAY, DEC 11
KUALA LUMPUR - Release of Oct 2012 Index of Industrial Production (IPI) and Oct 2012 Manufacturing Sales.
WEDNESDAY, DEC 19
KUALA LUMPUR - Release of Nov 2012 Consumer Price Index.
FRIDAY, DEC 21
KUALA LUMPUR - Release of International Reserves as at 14 Dec 2012.
TUESDAY, DEC 25
KUALA LUMPUR - Market and Public Holiday - Christmas Day.
MONDAY, DEC 31
KUALA LUMPUR - Release of Nov 2012 Money Supply data.
NOTE: The inclusion of diary items does not necessarily mean that Reuters will file a story based on the event. - Reuters
VEGOILS-Market factors to watch Sept 25
KUALA LUMPUR: The following factors are likely to influence Malaysian palm oil futures and other vegetable oil markets on Tuesday.
* Malaysian palm oil futures tumbled on Monday to their lowest in two years, hurt by rising inventories and steep losses in U.S. soybeans on expectations of higher output.
* Soybeans fell below $16 a bushel on Monday for the first time in 11 weeks, as the harvest advanced at a record pace and investors worried about the economy fled to the dollar, but bargain buying pared losses from the session low.
* Oil prices fell more than 1 percent on Monday, dragged by disappointing German economic data that reinforced concerns about the global economy and the outlook for fuel demand.
* Stock markets and the euro fell o n M onday as investors looked past recently announced central bank stimulus plans to focus on weak German economic data and the euro zone's unresolved debt crisis.
* Commodities fell back Monday, resuming last week's downtrend, after disappointing German economic data and the euro zone's unresolved debt crisis reinforced concerns over slowing global growth.
> European feeds: Soymeal follows CBOT down on harvest pressure - Reuters
Did you find this article insightful?