Pometia, PPES Works get RM68.5mil contracts


KUCHING: Pometia Sdn Bhd and PPES Works (S) Sdn Bhd have jointly secured two contracts worth a total of RM68.5mil from Swineburne University. 

The first contract, valued at RM60mil, is for the extension of the university's Sarawak main campus at Jalan Simpang Tiga, while the RM8.5mil contract is for the construction of on-campus student hostels. 

Pometia is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sarawak Foundation, which has a 75% stake in Swineburne Sarawak campus. Swineburne University of Technology, Australia, owns the remaining 25%. 

PPES Works is a member of Cahya Mata Sarawak Bhd

Datuk Amar Abdul Aziz Husain (left) exchanging documents with Datuk Talib Zulpilip. Witnessing the event are Datuk Abdul Rashid Mohd Aziz, Tan Sri Alfred Jabu and Robert Gardner.

The agreements for the contracts were signed yesterday. The signatories were Swineburne Sarawak Sdn Bhd (which owns Swineburne Sarawak campus) chairman Datuk Amar Abdul Aziz Husain, PPES Works chairman Datuk Talib Zulpilip and Sarawak Foundation deputy chairman Datuk Abdul Rashid Mohd Aziz. 

Abdul Aziz, also Pometia director, said the foundation work for the hostel project had started and the project was due for completion in August. The hostels could cater for over 400 students. 

The campus' main extension project is expected to be ready in October next year. The facilities to be provided include 44 engineering, science and research laboratories, 24 computer labs, a lecture theatre, conference facilities, a multi-level car park, a sports hall and other games facilities. The campus currently has over 1,000 students, including 150 international students from 16 countries. It expects its student population to grow to 5,000 by 2010.  

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
Subscribe now to our Premium Plan for an ad-free and unlimited reading experience!
   

Next In Business News

S P Setia appoints Annuar Marzuki Abdul Aziz as CFO
CelcomDigi formalises Idham Nawawi, Albern Murty as CEO, deputy CEO
EP Manufacturing appoints Lim Sim Yee as acting CEO
External factors continue to lift ringgit higher
Malaysia's digital assets market regulated to protect investors: SC
Mohamed Ridza Mohamed Abdulla retires from BIMB Group
China's EVE Energy to build US$422.3mil cylindrical battery plant in Malaysia
Ranhill Utilities unit bags RM50mil contract from MMHE
Sime Darby Plantation to sell Klang land for RM618mil
AMMB Holdings, QL Resources join KLCI constituents

Others Also Read