News in brief


  • Business
  • Saturday, 19 Jul 2003

IJM Corp Bhd said Kumpulan Perhubungan Sdn Bhd has subscribed to a 20% stake in Jelutong Development Sdn Bhd while the remaining 80% is held by IJM. 

IJM said in a statement that Kumpulan Perhubungan was the nominee of Yayasan Bumiputra Pulau Pinang Bhd. 

It said Jelutong Development was awarded the Jelutong Expressway privatisation project by Penang state government for the design and construction of a 4.7km dual 3-lane road. 

Jelutong Development was also awarded the contract for reclamation and development of 324.9 acres on the north-eastern foreshore of Penang island, it added. – AFX 

PUBLIC BANK BHD said that as at June 30, 35.31% of the company's issued and paid-up capital were held by foreign investors. 

Its paid-up capital at end-June stood at 5.034 billion ordinary shares of 50 sen each, Public Bank said in a statement. 

Public Bank's maximum foreign shareholding limit is 30%. 

Therefore, 30% of the paid-up capital held by foreign investors will be entitled to all rights and entitlements attached to the shares, while 5.31% will be entitled to the same rights and entitlements except for voting rights. – AFX 

TRANSWATER CORP BHD's change of name to HYUNDAI-Berjaya Corp BHD will take effect on the KLSE on July 21. The stock's short name will be HBJCORP, while its stock number remains unchanged. – AFX 

PREMIUM NUTRIENTS BHD's initial public offering (IPO) shares for public subscription were 2.25 times oversubscribed, Malaysian Issuing House said in a statement. 

The company offered 10.208 million shares for public subscription and received applications for 33.176 million shares, the statement said. 

Premium's IPO comprised 43.208 million shares at an offer price of 50 sen. - AFX 


Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 7
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
   

Across The Star Online


Air Pollutant Index

Highest API Readings

    Select State and Location to view the latest API reading

    Source: Department of Environment, Malaysia