SINGAPORE (The Straits Times/Asia News Network): About 50 Yishun residents were roused from their sleep and evacuated by the police after a fire broke out there in the wee hours of Wednesday (March 22) morning.
The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) said it was alerted to the blaze at Block 672C Yishun Avenue 4 at about 2.25am.
The fire, which had broken out in a bedroom of a 13th-floor unit, was put out with a water jet.
SCDF said it assessed three people for minor injuries, but they refused to be taken to hospital.
The affected unit’s owner Luqman Afiq said in an Instagram post that both his wife and toddler son were fine.
The photographs he shared showed that most of the items in the bedroom were badly burnt. Soot covered most of the house, and there were cracks in the plaster of a wall.
He wrote: “A day before Ramadan. My house caught fire at 2am this morning... Please pray for the best for me and my family.”