Cambodia's bourse marks 10th anniversary, better performance expected in next decade


Guests discuss the stock market at an event hosted by Cambodia Stock Exchange in Phnom Penh last year. - Phnom Penh Post/ANN

PHNOM PENH, May 16 (Xinhua): Cambodia on Monday marked the 10th anniversary of the Cambodia Securities Exchange (CSX), which is expected to see better performance in the next decade, officials said.

Speaking at an event held in a hybrid format, Cambodian Deputy Prime Minister Aun Pornmoniroth, also the minister of economy and finance, said the securities sector would play a greater role in boosting the kingdom's economic development in the post-Covid-19 pandemic era.

"The event today marks another historic milestone for the CSX, which has promoted the development of national economy over the past decade, and I foresee that this market will contribute bigger to the growth in the future," he said.

CSX CEO Hong Sok Hour said the CSX has so far received a total of 16 listed companies, including nine equity firms and seven corporate bond firms, with a total capital of more than 280 million U.S. dollars.

"Although our market is still relatively small compared to those of our neighboring countries, we have achieved many achievements over the past decade, which have benefited companies, business owners and investors, and it has boosted the national economic growth," he said.

Sok Hour said to date, some 31,000 investors have opened trading accounts at the CSX.

"Our securities market has entered a new decade in which I call the decade of running after the past decade of learning how to walk," he said.

At the event, the CSX also formally launched a mobile app for securities trading.

Sok Hour said the CSX Trade Mobile Application, which runs on both iOS and Android devices, will allow investors to place buy-sell orders and to check securities transactions and cash balance, among others.

"This mobile app will become a driving force in promoting the growth of trading and liquidity in the CSX," he said.

The CSX is a joint venture between the Cambodian government holding 55 percent of the stakes and the Korean Exchange owning the remaining 45 percent. - Xinhua

Article type: free
User access status:
Join our Telegram channel to get our Evening Alerts and breaking news highlights

Cambodia , Bourse , 10 Year Annivesary

   

Next In Aseanplus News

Asean News Headlines as at 10pm on Thursday (June 30)
Indonesia may not meet EU demand for coal
Singapore urged to halt execution of another M’sian
Issues relating to middlemen discussed at inflation task force meeting, says Annuar
Malaysia, Singapore agree to further ties in digital and green economy
Young�Thai volunteer wins praise for carrying dead body on his bike
Foreign arrivals in Vietnam surge nearly seven-fold in first six months
Samsung begins production of advanced 3nm chips
Beer made from recycled toilet water wins admirers in Singapore
Three key priorities for Hong Kong's new leader John Lee

Others Also Read