BANDAR SERI BEGAWAN, Oct 11 (Borneo Bulletin/ANN): Some 328,431 individuals or 72.4 per cent of Brunei’s population have received the first dose of Covid-19 vaccine while 211,380 individuals (46.6 per cent) have completed the schedule.
The data was announced by Minister of Health Dato Seri Setia Dr Haji Mohd Isham Jaafar during the daily press conference in the capital on Sunday night (Oct 10).
The minister said 6,506 individuals have received a dose of the Covid-19 vaccine on Oct 9.
Dr Mohd Isham said vaccination centres are closed at 6pm from yesterday.
From Monday (Oct 11), the Indoor Stadium Vaccination Centre will open daily for walk-in vaccination from 8am – 6pm for administration of the first dose. The walk-in is for Brunei citizens and permanent residents only.
However, vaccinations on Sundays are still open to companies on a scheduled basis for both locals and foreign workers.
Brunei reported 381 new COVID-19 cases on Sunday (Oct 11), a record daily rise, bringing the national tally to 8,980.
According to Brunei's Ministry of Health, all the new cases are local infections.
While the source of infection of 126 new cases is still under investigation, five new clusters have been detected and one cluster has been closed following no new detected cases in the cluster for 28 days, which brings the total number of active clusters to 160.
Before the detection of seven local cases on Aug. 7, Brunei had kept a record of 457 days without community infections since May 6, 2020.
There are currently 2,226 active cases being treated and monitored at the National Isolation Center. A total of 6,690 recovered patients and 64 deaths have been reported so far in the country. - Borneo Bulletin/ANN