YANGON (Xinhua): The Myanmar government has lifted the stay-at-home orders in all designated townships after seeing no new Covid-19 cases in the areas, a health official told Xinhua on Tuesday (June 30).
The government imposed partial lockdown, named "Stay at Home" in 10 townships of Yangon region and one in Sagaing region as the townships registered most infection cases of Covid-19.
On Tuesday, Insein, one of the townships in Yangon region, was last removed from the stay-at-home measures while others were removed separately in May and earlier this month.
"We have brought the pandemic under control to some extent in the country, with everyone's participation," said Director of Health Literacy Promotion Unit, Public Health Department under the Health and Sports Ministry, Than Naing Soe.
Meanwhile, Myanmar's State Counselor Aung San Suu Kyi said in a post on social media on Monday that the effective measures may prevent the country from the second wave of Covid-19 in a couple of months while restrictions of mass gatherings are still in effect and urged people to be alert of asymptomatic transmissions.
According to the ministry's figures, Myanmar has reported 299 confirmed cases of Covid-19 with six deaths while the number of recovered patients reaches 221 as of Tuesday morning. - Xinhua
Did you find this article insightful?